Wallace&Gromit: Fright of the bumblebees error

edited September 2010 in Game Support
I installed W&G 101, and when I start it error pop-ups:"Visual studio just-in-time debugger. An unhandled win32 exception occurred in WallaceGromit101.exe5252...... "No installed debugger has just-in-time debugging enabled...

This has not happened me never before. I have uninstalled it (and reinstalled) but it still does not work.
I do not know why it does not work, help!:confused:

Sorry for my English:(

e: it always gives different numbers on 101.exe...

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Is your display color depth set to 32 bit?

Let's also have a look at your dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a message.
  • edited February 2010
    Attachment not found.

Hope I did right:o
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    You did fine :)

There's a lot of old drivers on your system.
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE
    Driver Date/Size: 7/20/2006 21:58:00, 3989504 bytes

Description: Realtek HD Audio output
    Date and Size: 9/12/2006 20:27:00, 4381184 bytes

Description: Creative HS-1200 Headset
    Date and Size: 4/13/2008 20:45:12, 60032 bytes

I looked up the most recent versions of them. You might have to set your Headset to default output again after the installation.

Nvidia Driver,
    Realtek HDA,
    Creative HS-1200 Headset

Name: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_81091043&REV_10\4&CC5B14E&0&18A4
    Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\Rtnicxp.sys, 5.653.0710.2006 (English), 7/11/2006 21:31:02, 84096 bytes

There's also a new driver for your Ethernet card by the way, but that should not be relevant to the game as much.
  • edited February 2010
    I downloaded those(except ethernet card) but it doesn`t still work.:confused:
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Strong Fat wrote: »
    I downloaded those(except ethernet card) but it doesn`t still work.:confused:

At least your drivers are up to date now.

Does your Windows username contain Non-ASCII Characters?

Some other things you should try to narrow it down:
    - Disconnect from the internet before starting the game
    - Run the game during a clean boot
    - Disable/Uninstall the Visual Studio JIT debugger

Booting clean in Windows XP:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
    4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
    5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    6. Click on the Services tab
    7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
    8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
    6. Click OK
    7. Click Restart
    8. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click OK
    4. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post
  • edited February 2010
    It worked on clean boot but when I tried to start it on normal startup it did not
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    It worked on clean boot but when I tried to start it on normal startup it did not

That's great. Now we just have to find out what program interfered with the game.
    What Security Software (Anti Virus, Firewall, ...) do you have installed? Does it work if you only disable it? Is it the latest version and are the signatures up to date?
  • edited February 2010
    I`m using "Sonera tietoturva" security software. It is the latest version and game did not work when I disabled firewall.

Just a quick question: My headset does not work after I updated it.:confused: I tried to put it on default output it still doesn`t work. Why is that?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    I`m using "Sonera tietoturva" security software. It is the latest version and game did not work when I disabled firewall.

Just a quick question: My headset does not work after I updated it.:confused: I tried to put it on default output it still doesn`t work. Why is that?

In order to narrow down what software causes the conflict you should try the clean boot again, and in step 8 only disable half of the services. If the game doesn't work repeat and disable the other half. Keep splitting the set until you isolated the troubling service.
    Usually it should be something security software related though. Maybe the normal user interface doesn't disable the relevant part of the software. Therefore you could also start by only disabling every service that is part of your security software.

I don't know much about your headset and it's configuration. Download the "Quickstart User Guide" on the top of the Driver Page. There are a lot of Troubleshooting tips for that case.
  • edited September 2010
    Just wanted to say that it works on my laptop :)
This discussion has been closed.