TOMI Mac: Immediate crash on launch

edited February 2010 in Game Support
When I try to launch Tales of Monkey Island (any episode) on my MacBook Pro (2GHz Core Duo | 2GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.5.8), it crashes IMMEDIATELY. (I don't see a single game window come up.) It does this every time, so I can't even launch the game.

I've attached a copy of the crash report.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I'm having the exact same problem on my macbook pro (running os x 10.5.8 as well) :(
    I was excited to get the mac version finally.
  • edited February 2010
    I have the same problem on my iMac but I'm trying to run the demo.

I'm running 10.5.8 and I have a 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Maybe we have to update to Snow Leopard? Can anyone clarify this?
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks for the crashlog Maize. I passed it on to the programmers and we'll try and get it sorted out as fast as we can.

Jekyl, what video card do you have? Also, if you can send over a crashlog that'd be greatly appreciated.
    ________
    Jeep Gladiator history
  • edited February 2010
    I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro.

How exactly should I send the crash report. Through email or PM?
  • edited February 2010
    If you zip it up you can attach it right to a reply here using the handy attach button (the one that looks like a paper clip). Otherwise you can email it to our main support address.
    ________
    GT185
  • edited February 2010
    I sent the e-mail to the support division. Thank you for your help and thank you for bringing your wonderful adventure games over to mac.
  • edited February 2010
    I have exactly the same issues.

My computer is a Macbook White 2,16 ghz Core 2 Duo
    Leopard 10.5.8
    Intel GMA 950 (integrated)

I know integrated isn't recommended but at least I wanted to give it a shot.

I attach my crashlog here
  • edited February 2010
    Seher, is it possible that if I update to 10.6, I would be able to run the TOMI games (and any future TTG Mac projects)?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    It's possible but I wouldn't want to say definitely yes. We have people having some crashing issues with both 10.5 and 10.6 so it doesn't seem like it's OS specific. We are looking into the problem now.
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks Will.
  • edited February 2010
    I am having the exact same issue here. My macbook pro specs: 2.66GHz and 4GB. NVidia GForce 9400. Love the MI games; don't want to waste $35
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    We've got our programmers looking at the crash logs, but it may take a few days since we can't reproduce it internally. In the meantime though, you can always write in to support for an order cancellation and refund.
  • edited February 2010
    Here is a zipped file of my crash report. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.