Launching problem

edited February 2010 in Game Support
When I try to start ToMI [every title] appears a window that tells me that the program can't be launched due to the activation of a security module, and there's a number: 5023..I'm translating from italian, so I tried to tell everything I read. That's the first time I had this problem, since yesterday everything was great!

Thank You

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    That sounds like a Securom error message. Does it contain a link to the Securom website with more information? By the number I think it could be related to this error message, where some applications are mentioned that should be stopped.
    Did you install any software since the last time it worked?
    What operating system are you running?
  • edited February 2010
    I don't installed any software, and my OS is Windows Vista... The message doesn't contain any link...
  • edited February 2010
    I'm sorry, I've seen the link you posted right now and I found that I've to close YASU! :)
    It works now. You're my saviour, thanks a lot!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    I don't installed any software, and my OS is Windows Vista... The message doesn't contain any link...

Can you post the untranslated error message (or a screenshot of it)?

I think a clean boot could help here. It temporarily disables all unnecessary background processes. If the game runs then, one of them caused Securom to complain.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. Click on OK
    8. Click Restart.
    9. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    I'm sorry, I've seen the link you posted right now and I found that I've to close YASU! :)

Ah, that's great :) You're welcome.
  • edited February 2010

In that case, then "I don't installed any software" was a lie. You installed Yasu, and I'm sure a ton of other programs. =)
This discussion has been closed.