My SBCG4AP DVD won't install properly

edited February 2010 in Game Support
It won't install the file with the 5 games on it and it won't let me play the games when the disc is in. I think the same thing happened with my Sam & Max Season 2 DVD, I need to check to be sure. Am I eligible for a new DVD if I send in this one, or is there some way to fix this?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Do you get any error message?
  • edited February 2010
    Yes

I am putting it in now. I have vista, so i get i little thing with all my options. I click run autorun.exe, and it says it cannot access the system registry. Same with the sam and max season 1 and 2.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    When does it occur and what exactly does it say?
  • edited February 2010
    it happens when i put the disc in and click run autorun.exe. it says it cannot access the system registry. i already said this in above post
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    it happens when i put the disc in and click run autorun.exe. it says it cannot access the system registry. i already said this in above post

It was a little less detailed before the edit.
    Do you have UAC disabled and does enabling it fix it?
    Have you tried running autorun.exe as administrator?
  • edited February 2010
    what's uac? i am serious.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    What happens if "right-click/run as administrator" on autorun.exe?
    what's uac? i am serious.

User Account Control is a feature of Windows Vista and later. Among other things it shows you a Window asking for your approval if you install software.
    Here's a Tutorial about turning it off. Turning it on is similar.
  • edited February 2010
    ok, ill try run as administrator when i get back from school. if that doesnt work, ill check with the uac. but i havent done anything with uac or administrator priviledges at all on my computer, and it used to work. strange.
  • SegSeg
    edited February 2010
    The autorun doesn't need to actually run in order to install the game. Just open the contents of the disc itself and run the setup.exe to install the game.

The autorun doesn't work in Vista with UAC and Win7 at all. However, it has nothing to do with the actual game itself.
This discussion has been closed.