W&G - Game freezes

edited November 2010 in Game Support
My husband recently bought the "Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventure with the four games included PC DVD ROM and we have un installed it and re installed at a few times and it still keeps freezing during parts of the game. When we try to click on menu and keeps saying "tea break menu temporary unavailable, " another problem is that the game can't be accessed by other user accounts on my computer, I have never had problems with other games installed as the icon and access to the games were available for all user accounts on my computer, we have windows vista home basic so can you help me with these issues?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I think I *might* be able to solve the first problem. Could you open up C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\Pack, and then find the file that says env_TownExterior_Gromit.dlg and just completely delete that file. I'm hoping that will solve the first one for you, but if it doesn't, please let me know.

As for the second half, I'll have Seg answer that, since he knows better than I.
  • SegSeg
    edited February 2010
    When you first installed the computer, did you use a Windows account that had administrator access?

Do these other accounts have parental controls applied? Do you see the game icons in the Games Explorer with this accounts?
  • edited February 2010
    Thank you seg and will, I will try to delete that file as for parental controls, they are not turned on, the icon shows up on my screen and my start menu but on the other screens it only shows up in the gmes explorer and only the
    2nd and the 4th game show up in that folder and they dont even work, there is no wallace and gromit icon on the screen or the start menu. Wierd :confused: maybe its the windows vista, most people I know that have it do not like it
  • wtmwtm
    edited March 2010
    Deleting the file worked for me too. You should make this post sticky at the top. Its very fustrating. And not the only bug with Flight which makes the programmers look bad. The other one I had was with the cut scene where Grommit was being chased by the queen bee. I found a workaround for that by clicking on the map in my inventory and clicking on home, but my guess is I missed a part of the game because the episode ended after that.

Mine was purchased at best buy and that seems to have something to do with the problem.
  • edited November 2010
    Momof2boys wrote: »
    My husband recently bought the "Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventure with the four games included PC DVD ROM and we have un installed it and re installed at a few times and it still keeps freezing during parts of the game. When we try to click on menu and keeps saying "tea break menu temporary unavailable, " another problem is that the game can't be accessed by other user accounts on my computer, I have never had problems with other games installed as the icon and access to the games were available for all user accounts on my computer, we have windows vista home basic so can you help me with these issues?

This basically states my problem. I can't do anything with the bees in town with out the computer freezing. Please help.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2010
    lakelady1 wrote: »
    I can't do anything with the bees in town with out the computer freezing. Please help.

Did you try the solution from Will's post above?
    Will wrote: »
    Could you open up C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\Pack, and then find the file that says env_TownExterior_Gromit.dlg and just completely delete that file.

There is also apparently a second point in the game where it will freeze. This post has a workaround.
    Good luck!
  • edited November 2010
    I couldn't open the files. I tried the game on our other computer tonight and I locked up again at the same point. So no go on either the Vista or the Windows XP. I haven't tried to open the file on the XP yet.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I couldn't open the files.

You don't need to open the files, you just need to delete them from the installation directory of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    what are the installation files.? I went to documents. 2 files listed under Telltale games. Could not open them. Computer asked me to say what I wanted to use to open them...choices from computer or go online to download opener program???? I am not very computer savey so I don't know where else to look. Help?:confused.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    what are the installation files.? I went to documents. 2 files listed under Telltale games. Could not open them. Computer asked me to say what I wanted to use to open them...choices from computer or go online to download opener program???? I am not very computer savey so I don't know where else to look. Help?:confused.

I'll try to explain it in a bit more detail. The file you found in documents are not the ones. They contain configuration and your save games.

What you want to do is:
    1. Open up the Windows Explorer.
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\Pack
    3. delete env_TownExterior_Gromit.dlg.
    4. delete env_CountryRoad.dlg

In 3. and 4. deleting means, that you select the file, and then press the del key and confirm. Alternatively you can right click each file and select "delete".

If you still have trouble try reading about deleting files in more detail over here.

Be careful to delete only the files mentioned above.
This discussion has been closed.