Sam & Max 103: The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball

edited February 2010 in Sam & Max
I just finished this episode in one sit in 2 hours. I have never finished any adventure games in one sit! Is it me or is this episode easier than any other? Also is the Sam & Max series generally easier? I had a lot more difficulty with the Tales of Monkey Island.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    The best part of this episode is that the store page gives it a difficulty ranking, which no other TTG episode has. (3/6)

Think of it this way: S+M Season One has less puzzles per episode, but more episodes.
  • edited February 2010
    "Think of it this way: S+M Season One has less puzzles per episode, but more episodes."

I hope that Season Three has more puzzles per episode, and more episodes!:p
  • edited February 2010
    It wasn't particularly difficult episode, because all puzzles were quite logical to figure out quickly. (In my own game only puzzle which took longer time was the card game puzzle, because I missed one hotspot. But once I noticed it, then it was quickly solved.), but the episode certainly had nice theme.
  • edited February 2010
    So do you thing Sam & Max series generally is easier than Tales of Monkey Island?
  • edited February 2010
    I don't see any difficulty ranking, where exactly?
  • edited February 2010
    Zodler wrote: »
    So do you thing Sam & Max series generally is easier than Tales of Monkey Island?

Maybe a bit, especially the early episodes were rather easy. Hopefully third season will be more difficult. I wish that next season will have inventory puzzles similar to Hit the Road. And red herring items to inventory would also be cool.
  • edited February 2010
    I don't see any difficulty ranking, where exactly?
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/meatball
    This is the third episode of Sam & Max: Season 1. It's appropriate for pre-teens and up. Difficulty level: 3 out of 6.
  • edited February 2010

Yes, the Sam&Max seasons are definitely less difficult than Tales.
  • edited February 2010
    I just finished this episode in one sit in 2 hours. I have never finished any adventure games in one sit! Is it me or is this episode easier than any other? Also is the Sam & Max series generally easier? I had a lot more difficulty with the Tales of Monkey Island.

Well sam and max season one was one of telltales oldest titles, and tales being one of their newest, tales would clearly be harder due to more experience.
  • edited February 2010
    I beat it in about that time too. :)
  • edited February 2010
    Actually I would say S&M Season 1 was harder than ToMI. I base this on the amount of times I needed a walkthrough per season ;).
  • edited February 2010
    I have to say that I found Tales easier than both S&M seasons. I got stuck a few times in Sam&Max, pretty much every episode, and didn't in Tales.
    Actually in Tales on some occasions I figured what I'd need to do even before I needed to do it >.> That was kind of creepy.
  • edited February 2010
    I don't see how anyone could think of Tales as more difficult than Sam and Max. Perhaps a person's brain is more generally wired toward a particular series' logic, but I thought that Tales felt "watered down" in terms of puzzle difficulty(with presentation making a fairly impressive leap forward in most areas).
  • edited February 2010
    I think it's just a different way of thinking. Sam and Max is more bizarre and weird and so it might be things I think about less. While Tales seemed pretty logical and straightforward the whole way.
    (I also get S&M's jokes a lot less. My guess is they're more cultural).
  • edited February 2010
    I don't see how anyone could think of Tales as more difficult than Sam and Max. Perhaps a person's brain is more generally wired toward a particular series' logic, but I thought that Tales felt "watered down" in terms of puzzle difficulty(with presentation making a fairly impressive leap forward in most areas).

Everyone finds different puzzles difficult, so if some people say that they had easier time solving Sam & Max puzzles than Tales puzzles, then they probably are speaking the truth.

When I was younger I noticed that me and my brothers often got stuck to different puzzles in adventure games. Sometimes when playing old LucasArts and Sierra games my brothers solved easily puzzles where I was stuck for days and sometimes they were stuck in places where I saw the solution immeaditely. If there was such a big differences in a group who shares same background, then I wouldn't be surprised if there are almost opposite subjective views in a group whose members have differences in education, cultural background and age.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.