Sam & Max: Season 2, Episode 2; no startup in Gametap...Known issues?

edited March 2010 in Game Support
All of the episodes are working on my computer up to this point. After downloading, deleting, downloading, deleting, waiting a few days and repeating:

Pressing the "Play" button in Gametap will not activate Season 2 Episode 2. Nothing happens.

I can't find any particular reason for it; BUT, I DID find a thread in the FAQ troubleshooting Gametap.com forum mentioning this specific game...

...the problem is, the user that made the thread(and many other such threads for other issues on Gametap) was deleted at some point, and the contents of everything he posted has since vanished.

I'm here wondering if there was some record of issues surrounding this game and Gametap, or maybe someone here remembers the issue(s) reported(just in case it's connected to my inability to make the game start)?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Do you by any chance run Windows 2000? That would explain why the earlier episodes work.

Otherwise please try updating your graphics and audio drivers and update DirectX and post a dxdiag log for us.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a message.
  • edited March 2010
    Don't be suprised to see that the specs are not really near recommended when I do. I had to use an earlier video driver when the others wouldn't run correctly(it'd be nice if 2.2 just needs current drivers in contrast to the previous episodes, heh; though I wouldn't be able to easily play through from start to finish if it were the case).
This discussion has been closed.