Culture Shock "Mii" characters (Nintendo Wii)

edited February 2008 in Sam & Max
Nintendo Wii has a "Mii Channel" that lets you make little avatars that can be used in certain games, and while they sadly don't have any options to make canine or lagamorphic characters, I tried making some of the more humanoid characters from Episode 1, with ... mixed results.
Forgive the poor image quality... I could take better pictures of individual characters, I suppose, but I don't feel like it :p
50395pic_0175.jpg
15491pic_0174.jpg
I had to fight myself to resist using "SAM AND MAX ON WII" as the thread title...

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Haha, good job! :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Nice those are awesome.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Very cool! I like Sybil best.
  • edited December 2006
    woah, that Brady Culture is spot on. Thumbs up!

Here's hoping Nintendo releases a Wii patch allowing anthropomorphic animal Mii creation.
  • edited December 2007
    Since the "Check Mii Out" channel came out, Wii users who can get the system online can now look up my Miis by their obnoxiously cumbersome "Entry numbers."

Brady: 3310-5165-9744
    Sybil: 0165-0292-0472
    Peepers: 0849-4583-7468
    Specs: 5047-6238-3775
    Whizzer: 5346-3736-3941
  • edited December 2007
    pics not working
  • edited December 2007
    It's an old topic. Might as well replace the pics and add a Stinky Mii. Perhaps a Flint Paper Mii as well. Maybe even a Maimtron 9000 Mii!
  • edited December 2007
    The Wii is for children and old people who can't play real games.

edit: at least there are some games actually worth playing for it now though. There's Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, and coming soon, Smash Bros. and No More Heroes.
  • edited December 2007
    The Wii is for children and old people who can't play real games.
    Dude! Where do you come up with this stuff?
  • edited December 2007
    Chuck wrote: »
    Dude! Where do you come up with this stuff?

Considering most Wii titles don't even require dexterity so much as WAGGLE WIIMOTE, I think it's a safe assertion.

I'm not saying the PS3 is much better, mind you. It has a couple more (original/exclusive) games worth playing than the Wii, but for god knows what reason, they thought motion control was also neato keen, and shoved it into games where it has no business belonging. Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank for example.

It's really like the 360 has no competition at all. I mean, the Wii is selling well, sure, but that's because it's cheap (due to basically being two gamecubes taped together) and everyone is buyin git for their kids because Nintendo is a recognizable name, and little kids can play it easily due to the waggliness.

I remember back when I was 2 and had an NES. I had to learn to play those super-hard games and I liked it! None of this training-wheels bullcrap kids have today.
  • edited December 2007
    (...)

Have you even played a Wii game? I mean, other than Wii Sports?
  • edited December 2007
    I'll add new pictures later. In the meantime, have fun with your childish flamewar, guys.
  • edited December 2007
    I'm not saying the PS3 is much better, mind you. It has a couple more (original/exclusive) games worth playing than the Wii.

No, it doesn't, idiot.

Since you insist on bashing the Wii, let's how you like being green.

Spirits of Mist,
    And Creatures of Bog
    Change now Filthy Assistant,
    To the shape of a Frog!
  • edited December 2007
    I'm not a big lover of the Wii either =/. The only game I think's worth having for it is Mario Galaxy. Nearly everything else is a minigame collection or a cash-in. I've got a Wii, before anyone accuses me of fanboyism.

PS3, it's got Uncharted, Ratchet, Everyday Shooter and maybe one or two other things. I'm not a fan of the PS3 either, but it does actually have more games I'm interested in. I'm still not buying one though, in protest of it costing exactly the same now for a 40GB one with no PS2 compatibility in the UK as it did for a 60GB one with full PS2 compatibility in the US at launch.

I think all the current gen consoles are a bit of a let down so far. Stil looking forward to Smash Bros though.
  • edited January 2008
    I got a Wii. So far only Mario Galaxy is the one game I've been able to say "This is brilliant fun and uncomparable to other games I have played". In fact Mario Galaxy has renewed my faith in new games (apart from S&M of course!, since this year I bought a N64 and several games and heck of lot of LucasArts Adventure games) and I look foward to Zack and Wiki and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
  • edited January 2008
    evilguy12 wrote: »
    I got a Wii. So far only Mario Galaxy is the one game I've been able to say "This is brilliant fun and uncomparable to other games I have played". In fact Mario Galaxy has renewed my faith in new games (apart from S&M of course!, since this year I bought a N64 and several games and heck of lot of LucasArts Adventure games) and I look foward to Zack and Wiki and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Psst. Zack & Wiki came out months ago.

Go buy it.

GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW
  • edited January 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Psst. Zack & Wiki came out months ago.

Go buy it.

GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW

If he lives in the UK then it comes out on the 18th because the game was delayed. Typical Nintendo of Europe.
  • edited January 2008
    I keep forgetting that there are other countries
  • edited January 2008
    I keep forgetting that there are other countries

Other countries which are deprived of good release dates. *sulks* ;)
  • edited January 2008
    You mean there's geographic land masses other than America and Japan!?! BLASPHEMY!
  • edited January 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    You mean there's geographic land masses other than America and Japan!?! BLASPHEMY!
    That's only what they want you to think.
    Have you ever actually been to Europe?
    Exactly.
    If you answered yes, then you were put under a drug-induced psychosis for your stay and only BELIEVED you went to Europe to perpetuate the myth.
    If you live in Europe, then you're a government spy, also meant to perpetuate the myth.
    Disprove that one!
  • edited January 2008
    You know, now that I think about it.. I've never actually met a real life European... Nor have I met anyone from Wyoming either... Dear god, the Conspiracy runs so deep.. I must spread the wo.. *slumps on desk*

*raises back up w/ a dazed look on face*

What do you mean? There just has to be a Europe! I mean, what else would that land mass to the east of us be? Certainly not a secret project!
  • edited January 2008
    *also sulks*

i'm in NZ, and i'm pretty we've the worst release dates >.<
  • edited February 2008
    Wii sucks? You guys definetely have to find the right games. First off mariokart and smash bros are coming soon, which should be a real good time.

Games to try if you're not feeling wii:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    No More Heroes
    WarioWare Smooth Moves
    ANY SPORTS GAME - sports games are getting old and this new addition of motion sensing makes golf, football, and skiing (Winter Sports game!) real fun and interesting again.

Give em another go, it'll keep getting better :)
  • edited February 2008
    Since this thread already got bumped i throw in a question to you LuigiHann. Do you still have those pictures lying around, i mean if you could upload them again. Pretty curious about the result.
  • edited February 2008
    I don't. :( I might take new pictures at some point.
  • edited February 2008
    Didn't really need this brought back, but might as well request a Jurgen Mii, as well as some Zombie Miis to go with him.
  • edited February 2008
    delimew wrote: »
    *also sulks*

i'm in NZ, and i'm pretty we've the worst release dates >.<

Me too. We also have some of the most expensive games. The cheapest you can get a physical copy of The Orange Box in NZ is US$80 :confused:. You can download it for US$50 off of Steam... (+$5 of internet bandwidth :eek:)

Across the board, our average in-store(or online & shipped) game price is at least US$15 higher than the states and the average New Zealander earns 1/3rd less than the average American. Someone clearly messed up some major marketing survey when they were pricing these things...

Obviously, I love Telltale Games and Valve Software for making their games available at a flat international price. Keep it up & make many more :D
  • edited February 2008
    Where are the Mii characters? It just looks like a broken link.
  • edited February 2008
    Galaxy was quite possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played. Absolutely incredible. Haven't even touched Twilight Princess yet because I've been trying to get everything in SMG (106/120 stars on my first playthrough...)

R&C Future is also one of those games. :D
  • edited February 2008
    Where are the Mii characters? It just looks like a broken link.

The links are broken. This is an ooooold thread
  • edited February 2008
    LuigiHann, why don't you put them on the Check Mii Out channel? :)
  • edited February 2008
    Since the "Check Mii Out" channel came out, Wii users who can get the system online can now look up my Miis by their obnoxiously cumbersome "Entry numbers."

Brady: 3310-5165-9744
    Sybil: 0165-0292-0472
    Peepers: 0849-4583-7468
    Specs: 5047-6238-3775
    Whizzer: 5346-3736-3941

Nyahh~
  • edited February 2008
    AussieEvil wrote: »
    Nyahh~

Another example of my inability to remember what happens in a thread. :D
    Cheers.
  • edited February 2008
    maybe somebody can look up my Miis using those numbers, and then post pictures of them here :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.