If you could say one thing to everybody on Earth...

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    *plays rick ashley never gona give you up* :cool:
  • edited March 2010
    (it's astly)

People of the word!... I LOST THE GAME!
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2010
    Come to me, son of Jor-El! Kneel before Zod!
  • edited April 2010
    $%$#, %$#%^@, %*@#&; , *&^$#, $^@&;#, %*#$@, and %$#@&;!
  • edited April 2010
    I would say to them "GROOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP HUUUUUUUUUUGG!!!!!"
  • edited April 2010
    I am God/Yahweh/Allah/Zues/Bramha/The Universe/Flying Spaghetti Monster/Invisible Pink Unicorn. I order you to kill yourself.
    I'd kill you myself, but I want to test your faith.
  • edited April 2010
    TookiGuy wrote: »
    I am God/Yahweh/Allah/Zues/Bramha/The Universe/Flying Spaghetti Monster/Invisible Pink Unicorn. I order you to kill yourself.
    I'd kill you myself, but I want to test your faith.

This isn't you, by any chance, is it?

25pojki.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    Uhh... no. My likes go more like this - Peace, love, nature, animals, music, books, video games, fraternity and all that bull.

Dislikes - bigots(racists/homophobes/sexists), big ass corporations, pollution, meat(sue me), capitalism(sue me), idiots(i.e, 80% of the world's population. Though, from what I've seen, most of the people here are in the other 20%. So please don't send me hate mail.)
    And my musical taste goes a little(read, a LOT different from "Green Day" - I like Mozart, Vivaldi, Tool, Isis... y'know... stuff like that.
  • edited April 2010
    Uhh... no. My likes go more like this - Peace, love, nature, animals, music, books, video games, fraternity and all that bull.

Dislikes - bigots(racists/homophobes/sexists), big ass corporations, pollution, meat(sue me), capitalism(sue me), idiots(i.e, 80% of the world's population. Though, from what I've seen, most of the people here are in the other 20%. So please don't send me hate mail.)
    And my musical taste goes a little(read, a LOT different from "Green Day" - I like Mozart, Vivaldi, Tool, Isis... y'know... stuff like that.

For someone who likes peace, love, and fraternity, you certainly don't show it. It's impossible to uphold these values while being a misanthropist, you know.
  • edited April 2010
    For someone who likes peace, love, and fraternity, you certainly don't show it. It's impossible to uphold these values while being a misanthropist, you know.

I beg to differ. What's more peaceful than a world without humans?
  • edited April 2010
    No, it's just that after a while you realize that the only people holding our civilization back is our civilization itself. People are just too arrogant. Read Ishmael. I've lost hope after seeing what people behave like when you present them with suggestions. Even when proven to be wrong, we still won't admit that we've done wrong all along.

So I'm pretty sure a reduction in population(sounds like a terrible thing to say, I know, I know) would be one of the main things that would help us.

So I'm not exactly misanthropic... I don't hate humans, I hate the situation we've put ourselves in.
    And I have to say, there are a LOT of "broken", for lack of a better word, humans that are just making it worse.
    Avistew wrote: »
    I beg to differ. What's more peaceful than a world without humans?

EXACTLY.
  • edited April 2010
    golden_dinosaurs.jpg

Hate to break it to you but nature is far from peaceful. Dolphins, for example, kill things just for fun. Peace is a human made concept out of the desire to not wanting to get hurt. Nature doesn't exactly play by those rules. Ever.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm not talking about peace as much as about "balance", which nature seemed to be doing fine until we came along.
  • edited April 2010
    So I'm pretty sure a reduction in population(sounds like a terrible thing to say, I know, I know) would be one of the main things that would help us.

It's not necessarily terrible. I mean it's not like the only way to reduce the population is killing people. There is also preventing unplanned pregnancies, which still seem to be either the majority of pregnancies or close to, and favouring adoption, among other things. I don't think many people are against either of these things.
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you but nature is far from peaceful. Dolphins, for example, kill things just for fun. Peace is a human made concept out of the desire to not wanting to get hurt. Nature doesn't exactly play by those rules. Ever.

Well, I was being a smartass. Still, humans have a bigger potential for destruction, with nuclear weapons, world wars and stuff. Of course humans have a bigger potential for positive things too, such as protecting other species and stuff. I don't think we're all bad, just that we can focus our potential one way or the other and, well, I wish it was focused towards positive things more often.
  • edited April 2010
    Oh yeah, if anything, I'd describe myself as pro-adoption.

I'd say that we're rambling off topic, but a look at the title suggests otherwise...
  • edited April 2010
    I'm not talking about peace as much as about "balance", which nature seemed to be doing fine until we came along.

People seem to often forget that humans and the things we do are in fact a part of nature. When we take a ton of stuff, nature balances things out by cutting out other factors. This said I'm an advocate for making less of an impact because I like places like the nearby coniferous rain forests and oak savannahs and I'd be sad if they disappeared. They benefit me greatly.

In the end, no matter what we do, nature's gonna keep balancing itself and after that we're going to be absorbed by the sun anyways.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, that's a thing that people forget. Whether we like it or not, nature WILL balance us. Either we straighten up, or we'll die the hard way.

Most people's attitude seems to be however, that we'll do what we want, and when the planet gets in our way, we'll jettison off into the space age.

Corny.
  • edited April 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    In the end, no matter what we do, nature's gonna keep balancing itself and after that we're going to be absorbed by the sun anyways.

Yeah, but I hope it doesn't have to balance itself by killing us off. It seems it's been trying to, lately. :p
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, that's a thing that people forget. Whether we like it or not, nature WILL balance us. Either we straighten up, or we'll die the hard way.

Most people's attitude seems to be however, that we'll do what we want, and when the planet gets in our way, we'll jettison off into the space age.

Corny.

Did you miss the part where I said that we are a part of nature?
  • edited April 2010
    Um, yes, that's what I meant by "Yeah, that's a thing that people forget".
    Daniel Quinn makes this point wonderfully in most of his books, if you're interested.
  • edited April 2010
    No I mean you seem to not realize that we are nature and it isn't that nature will balance us, but rather, things will just happen. I guess I'm trying to say that the whole villainizing of the human race is pointless because we're as innocent/guilty and important/unimportant as an oak tree or rock.

also derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpg

sorry :(
  • edited April 2010
    Haha, yeah.

We're capable of changing though. A tree is just standing there. There are no oak trees that can decide to pump more oxygen in the air because they think the world needs it.

We, on the other hand can chose to lower procreation, lower the emissions of certain gases and stuff like that.

We're smart. That's a capability. You don't see koala bears who are capable of preventing extinctions. We CAN prevent the extinction of every single species on this planet, we have the brains.

Yet we don't.

Why? Because of traditions that have failed to evolve along with us.
    (I'm not anti-religion, I'm just saying that applying philosophies from thousands of years ago is just not good for us. Look at the pope, today - telling people who earn a dollar a year to have as many kids as possible. I'm very sorry to offend anyone, but a perfect, omniscient being could have come up with much more simpler and effective ways).
  • edited April 2010
    We're smart. That's a capability. You don't see koala bears who are capable of preventing extinctions. We CAN prevent the extinction of every single species on this planet, we have the brains.

Yet we don't.

Then do. Do something that matters. Instead of complaining that people aren't doing enough, do all you can.

Maybe people aren't doing anything because they're too busy complaining about how others aren't doing enough, is what I mean.

As you said, humans can act, so let's do it.
    I don't think we can't prevent the extinction of every single animal though. Nor do I thing it would necessarily be a good thing. Just try and keep it to a reasonable amount, limit our impact.

I think complaining about how humans suck isn't accomplishing much. Plus, it's making it a fatality. If you keep saying humans suck, it kinda prevents you from not sucking, being a human and all. If you started doing what you think are the "right things", then you couldn't say humans aren't doing them.

Not trying to guilt-trip you or anything, just pointing it out. I think in a way it's counter-productive to complain about humans.
  • edited April 2010
    (I'm not anti-religion, I'm just saying that applying philosophies from thousands of years ago is just not good for us. Look at the pope, today - telling people who earn a dollar a year to have as many kids as possible. I'm very sorry to offend anyone, but a perfect, omniscient being could have come up with much more simpler and effective ways).

tl;dr: I'm not anti-religion, but religion is bad!

Also, using Catholicism as an example for all religions is a bad idea, even just as an example of Christianity.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with pretty much everything Tope said and especially with what Avistew just said.
  • edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Then do. Do something that matters. Instead of complaining that people aren't doing enough, do all you can.

Maybe people aren't doing anything because they're too busy complaining about how others aren't doing enough, is what I mean.

As you said, humans can act, so let's do it.
    I don't think we can't prevent the extinction of every single animal though. Nor do I thing it would necessarily be a good thing. Just try and keep it to a reasonable amount, limit our impact.

I think complaining about how humans suck isn't accomplishing much. Plus, it's making it a fatality. If you keep saying humans suck, it kinda prevents you from not sucking, being a human and all. If you started doing what you think are the "right things", then you couldn't say humans aren't doing them.

Not trying to guilt-trip you or anything, just pointing it out. I think in a way it's counter-productive to complain about humans.

Trouble is, I can't get squat done alone. And when I try to find help, the reply is generally a two word phrase ending with "off". And for the record, I wasn't complaining. I was asked to clarify a small statement(which, by the way, was not completely serious).

Plus, I don't really understand where I implied that I don't "act".
    Hell, I do what I can. I prefer bikes. I boycott factory farming. And all that.
    Also, using Catholicism as an example for all religions is a bad idea, even just as an example of Christianity.

I never said anything against Christianity.
    But do you see Taoists running off to "advise" the poor of some obscure country?
    It's the most major religion, and in my opinion, should therefore be the most likely example.

And AGAIN, I'm not anti-religion. I love the concepts of Buddhism and whatnot.

I'm just against people telling others who don't know any better to do things that will worsen their condition just because their favourite book in the world says so.
  • edited April 2010
    tl;dr: I'm not anti-religion, but religion is bad!

I think what Tookie meant was something along the lines of "I'm not against religion on principle, but I think there is a discrepancy between mainsteam religions nowadays and the current state of things", in which case I'd tend to agree. Things that worked a long time ago won't necessarily work now. Some of the things seem out of date, so to speak.

But of course, religion is something personal in the end, so each person will deal with it in a specific way. To keep on what you said, about Catholicism not being representative of even Christianity, I'd go further and say that the Pope isn't representative of all Catholics, either.
  • edited April 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    ...what would it be?

i cannot play my own game for the responsibility it would put on my shoulders is too huge.

A man chooses! A slave obeys!
  • edited June 2010
    Do not diss adventure games, all must play!
  • edited June 2010
    People of earth learn my lesson over 50% of our paper is wasted as litter or thrown away which is a complete waste. The other 50% is wasted on twilight books. We must save paper by stop littering and stop reading twilight.
    GO GO GO!
  • edited June 2010
    This is your concious donate to www.telltalegames.com
Sign in to comment in this discussion.