Problem starting up MonkeyIsland on WinXP

edited March 2010 in Game Support
Hi everyone!

First of all, I have the macheist bundle but want to play the game on a windows system.
I just installed MonkeyIsland - Launch of the screaming Narwhal on a Win XP system.
I entered my user account data in the first window of the starting window.
And then... well, a pictures says more than 1000 words ;)

telltaleerror.png

It is a german OS, the message says:
IE Script Error
In this script at this site there was an error.
Object expected.
Would you like the script to be further executed? yes/no

Everytime I want to start the game this window appears and the error message.
No matter what I click or do... the message disappears but nothing happens at all and the window stayes emtpy with the TTG logo on it.
I reinstalled it a couple of times and even tried to clear parts of the registry ;)
But I just can't get back to the login screen to try the "get me to the demo" option and us the registration code.

Everytime this window opens, the windows task bar shows the title "success.thm" for the window, but it get stuck.

Help! :confused:
Any ideas, any suggestions?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    So I just had someone else with a very similar script error, so just in case I'm going to jump straight ahead to his solution: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=268899&postcount=9

Could you try to replicate his steps, awkward as they may be? If that doesn't work, we will try something completely different.
  • edited March 2010
    I solved it in the meantime myself.

I found:
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Ulrike\Eigene Dateien\Telltale Games\Launch of the Screaming Narwhal\pref.prop
    and deleted it.
    This solved everything.
    I get the launch game button on starting the game and can play.
    The script error is gone and the startup window is fine.

Don't know why and what happend... but it works fine.
This discussion has been closed.