New Mac versions of Monkey are up!

KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
edited May 2010 in Game Support
For all those having problems getting the game to launch, there are new Mac versions available for download. Just click on the joystick icon in the upper right corner to get to your "My Telltale" page. From there you can re-download the game to get the new version.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience!

Kevin

Comments

• edited March 2010
    You probably should mention somewhere that the path to the saved games has changed. Previously in ~/Library/TellTale Games/ but now in ~/Library/Application Support/TellTale Games/ . I thought I lost my saved games for a while...

And maybe I'm mistaken on this, but the version number seems to be the same: 2.0.0.20? (For Episode 5)
  • PsyPsy
    edited March 2010
    The version number is the same. That's my bad there >_>
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks for getting the games working. Did you get the demo working? It might sound cheap but I'm not paying 35$ for a game till I at least know the demo works.

Edit: I tried it and it doesn't work. Guess I'll have to buy the games to see if they work. I can write into support and get a refund if they don't work, right?
  • PsyPsy
    edited March 2010
    Jekyl70 wrote: »
    I can write into support and get a refund if they don't work, right?
    Yes.

Also if they're not working, if you could send us a crash log we'll try to get it fixed, and there are some solutions in http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15012 you might want to try
  • edited March 2010
    Well, I got the exact same crash report as I did before. Could it be that I downloaded the same version all over again? It would be nice if there was a way to verify that I indeed got the new version (not sure if it could happen due to caches or something, but since I got the exact same crash report, I get suspicious ...)
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    You should try downloading again as it can take a bit for the update to propagate through the servers. If your still having a problem, PM so I can get more info.
  • edited March 2010
    I just re-downloaded the first chapter of ToMI.
    It's still version 2.0.2.21 - last modified on March 2nd.

(I live in Germany btw. So maybe the "Europe server" does not have the new version yet ?)

It also would be nice to have some indication of the version on the name of the Disk Image (e.g. "launchofthescreamingnarwhal20221.dmg" or something), so that I don't have to download the whole thing over and over again just to check...)

Greetings,
    Mike
  • edited March 2010
    tonmischa wrote: »
    I just re-downloaded the first chapter of ToMI.
    It's still version 2.0.2.21 - last modified on March 2nd.

(I live in Germany btw. So maybe the "Europe server" does not have the new version yet ?)

It also would be nice to have some indication of the version on the name of the Disk Image (e.g. "launchofthescreamingnarwhal20221.dmg" or something), so that I don't have to download the whole thing over and over again just to check...)

Greetings,
    Mike

Indeed. To incorporate some version number to the download link would be very, very helpful ...
  • edited March 2010
    I finally got a working version! Thanks a lot. Strangely though, there are people that have downloaded it after me, and still have the same problems.
  • edited March 2010
    Thank you so much for working hard to fix this problem.

I'm having success with using Terminal on chapter 1, so just to be safe, I think I'll stick with that until I finish the chapter.

Then I'll download the new versions before I start on Chapter 2.
  • edited March 2010
    It works now thanks!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    We've just pushed out some new builds that are exactly the same as the previous one except that these have the proper version number.

The version number in the wrapper itself is not updating properly, but if you go to your application folder and look at the info for the .app, the newest version should be 2.0.3.21 for ToMI 101 and 2.0.3.20 for all other episodes.
  • edited March 2010
    Narwhal is now launching fine on a consistent basis and the others are working just the same as opposed to the random unpredictability of before.

Thank you thank you thank you for fixing this! I can finally play the game in its entirety and I pretty much know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the week now! :D
  • edited March 2010
    I bought the games and they work great! Thanks for the fix telltale.
  • edited March 2010
    Will wrote: »
    We've just pushed out some new builds that are exactly the same as the previous one except that these have the proper version number.

The version number in the wrapper itself is not updating properly, but if you go to your application folder and look at the info for the .app, the newest version should be 2.0.3.21 for ToMI 101 and 2.0.3.20 for all other episodes.

I re-downloaded, and the chapters are now loading properly...
    except Chapter 3, which as of 18:00GMT today (I downloaded yet again to make sure) still crashes and is still showing an older version no., 2.0.0.20,
    and a Feb. 11 last-modification date.
  • edited March 2010
    Is the Earl Boen update still going to be released as a download for PC before the DVD comes out? Or will we have to wait for the DVD?
  • edited March 2010
    I just downloaded the demo for the first of the Monkey Island game. (Mac OS 10.6.2)

First off, the mouse cursor and custom green X cursor appeared simultaneously before I applied new Options.

Then, when I quit, my desktop background was pure blue.

In addition, all of my app windows were in stupid places, because the game starts at some crappy low resolution.

Please fix all this.
  • edited March 2010
    Redownloaded it, but still not lucky....
    Repaired Permissions...
    Nothing
    http://drp.ly/AXK4x
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2010
    mauko wrote: »
    Redownloaded it, but still not lucky....
    Repaired Permissions...
    Nothing
    http://drp.ly/AXK4x

I rehosted that image so can be sure i can hotlink it:
    axk4xbildschirmfoto2010.png

Have you tried closing all episodes before you start one?
    Did you try rebooting?

Viele Grüße!
  • edited March 2010
    I just wanted to thank you for the Mac port.

Using Crossover was not too bad although the install process had some kinks before v8.0 went out. I'll download it ASAP and report back in the other thread if I have any issue :-)

Kudos to all of you :-)
  • edited March 2010
    I downloaded the new Mac version of episode 1, and everything is working fine. Thanks to those behind the scenes who listened and fixed the problem.
  • edited March 2010
    You still haven't solved the mouse issues... gggggggrrrrrrrr

:(
  • edited March 2010
    The arrow keys work just fine.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Also, Will's solution might not be the perfect fix, but it does the trick for me.
  • edited March 2010
    Although it seems to be fixed for most people, the mac version still will not launch for me. Either it just tries to launch forever, or at best I get a blank white window in the middle of the screen with the spinning hypo-wheel and have to force quit the app.

Versions are 2.0.3.21 for chapter 1 and 2.0.3.20 for chapters 2-5. I'm running OS 10.6.2
  • SegSeg
    edited March 2010
    Hey everyone! If you're on 10.6 (Snow Leopard), hit the "Software Update..." function and upgrade to 10.6.3.

Most notably, Apple updated graphic drivers. There isn't much information about what was changed exactly with graphic drivers, but it shouldn't hurt anything and may or may not improve performance. Like to know how this update performs with all the different Macs out there.

You can read the list of changes that the update does. Like updated time zone handling for Antarctica.
  • edited April 2010
    I've done the upgrade and I am now running 10.6.3 but it hasn't fixed anything. I still get the exact same problem.
  • edited April 2010
    This is cool, but I really hope you guys fix the issues with S&M 301. I really wish I could play it without so much lag:(
  • edited April 2010
    I've tried re-downloading TOMI Ep 1 three times now, and every time I end up with 2.0.1.21... What gives?
  • edited May 2010
    Skorobeus wrote: »
    I've tried re-downloading TOMI Ep 1 three times now, and every time I end up with 2.0.1.21... What gives?
    Same here! Chapter 2 shows "2.0.0.20" yet...

Are the savegames compatible with the new versions?
This discussion has been closed.