Devil's Playhouse on 360?

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
(Don't know if there's already a thread, if there is I apologise)

I noticed that theres no 360 symbol anywhere concerning S&MS3. I figure since the first 2 are already on XBLA, I'll assume this will too, but, is there a reason for this? Or am I just jumping on things too early? :P

(..Not that it bothers me much, already pre-ordered on PC!)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Considering that the past releases of Sam and Max on XBLA have been full seasons, perhaps they wanted to release Season Three as a full pack at the end?

Whatever the case, XBLA isn't one of the platforms for simultaneous release with the PC version.
  • edited March 2010
    I hope they release the whole season for 1600MP again.
    Wallace & Gromit is imo overpriced on LIVE and I did not like the episodic form.
  • edited March 2010
    uzivatel wrote: »
    I hope they release the whole season for 1600MP again.
    Wallace & Gromit is imo overpriced on LIVE and I did not like the episodic form.

Absolutely, paying 800 for each episode was just too expensive.

But hopefully they do put season 3 up on the 360 once all the episodes are out, which is a much better format for XBLA. Strange that it's already going up on the PSN though, perhaps they just wanted to make up to the PS3 fans not getting anything until now?
  • edited March 2010
    Absolutely, paying 800 for each episode was just too expensive.

But hopefully they do put season 3 up on the 360 once all the episodes are out, which is a much better format for XBLA. Strange that it's already going up on the PSN though, perhaps they just wanted to make up to the PS3 fans not getting anything until now?

PSN allows for a subcription model, which suits telltale imo. it also negates the price argument against Wallace and Gromit, as you pay for the season, as opposed for each episode. at least, thats what it seems like to me!
  • edited March 2010
    I do have a PS3 as well, but I didn't realise any games could be bought as a subscription. Are there any games that currently take advantage of that? That would definitely make sense, and like I said, I imagine they'll just put it up on the 360 once the whole series is out, rather than selling each episode individually.
  • edited March 2010
    I do have a PS3 as well, but I didn't realise any games could be bought as a subscription. Are there any games that currently take advantage of that? That would definitely make sense, and like I said, I imagine they'll just put it up on the 360 once the whole series is out, rather than selling each episode individually.

the only other thing on PSN at the moment is Quore. that weird digital magazine thing. Sam and Max appears to be the first example of this. Kudos to sony for giving subscription gaming on a console a shot! :)
  • edited March 2010
    I wish that there could be preorder bonuses (especially the private thread for those who preorder,) but I don't that that would be possible.
  • edited March 2010
    ctay93 wrote: »
    I wish that there could be preorder bonuses (especially the private thread for those who preorder,) but I don't that that would be possible.

I mean for on XBLA, that is.
  • edited March 2010
    I bought 1 Sam and Max episode for my PC and enjoyed it, but I later got both seasons for the 360 and loved them! (Also tried the Wallace and Grommit demo but hated the controls.)

Anyway - I won't be buying this until/unless it's released for the 360. While I do have a PC and a PS3, I've already committed to the Sam and Max games on the 360 and so want to have them all in one place.

Is that weird?
  • edited March 2010
    Zum Zamim wrote: »
    Is that weird?
    Is it weird to have favourite gaming system? I think not :)
  • edited March 2010
    I also hope that Telltale Games will release Devil's Playhouse on Xbox Live Arcade. It doesn't matter if episodical or whole season.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.