Bogey man wont work.

edited March 2010 in Game Support
I preorderd sam and max and used my freebie and the bogey man but when i play, i get wallace and gromit 104.exe has stopped working. What is realy strange about this is because i get a similar message play TF2. Could someone tell me how to fix the bogey man for the time being though.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Please make your signature smaller, it makes all your posts harder to read.

Is your display color depth set to 32 bit?
    Have you tried running without internet connection?
  • edited March 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Please make your signature smaller, it makes all your posts harder to read.

Is your display color depth set to 32 bit?
    Have you tried running without internet connection?

1. How does my siginiture make it hard to read posts?
    2. How do I run it without internet?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    1. How does my siginiture make it hard to read posts?
    2. How do I run it without internet?

1. It is distracting if there are a few lines of content, and a huge amount of signature, especially with the animations.
    Also it is recommended against in the Forum Guidelines.
    I leave it up to you for now, just wanted to bring it up because it caught my attention for a while now.

2. Depends on the kind of connection you have. The easiest ways are to disable Wifi or unplug the network cable.
  • edited March 2010
    Any way i played the game without the internet(and shortend my sig. a little bit) and it still didnt work, i am starting to think it is my comps fault because it looks like it refuses to play any exes. Does anyone really know how to fix exes?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Any way i played the game without the internet(and shortend my sig. a little bit) and it still didnt work, i am starting to think it is my comps fault because it looks like it refuses to play any exes. Does anyone really know how to fix exes?

Thanks for shortening it. It is easier on my eyes already.

Your browser seems to work, so it is not just any .exe i guess. What else doesn't work?

It is a good idea to make a proper offline Virus scan, using a live CD. One option is the Avira AntiVir Rescue System.

Also a dxdiag log could be helpful.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a message.
  • edited March 2010
    If you mean a message here than here it is
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2010
    I see, it's a netbook. The game will probably run quite slow from what i heard from other netbook users, at least about ToMI. Did any Telltale Game work on it yet, e.g. the free Sam&Max episode?

Try the DirectX updater.

You should also install the latest Realtek HDA Driver and if the manufacturer hasn't disabled it the latest Intel 945 Driver.
  • edited March 2010
    I see, it's a netbook. The game will probably run quite slow from what i heard from other netbook users, at least about ToMI. Did any Telltale Game work on it yet, e.g. the free Sam&Max episode?

Try the DirectX updater.

You should also install the latest Realtek HDA Driver and if the manufacturer hasn't disabled it the latest Intel 945 Driver.

All Sbcg4ap episodes work fine. And ill try the links there and with any hope, it will fix wallace and gromit.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok that didnt work, and now that i checked TOMI Ep.1 doesnt work either, same message basicly, now I KNOW there is something wrong with my laptop.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Ok that didnt work, and now that i checked TOMI Ep.1 doesnt work either, same message basicly, now I KNOW there is something wrong with my laptop.

Intel graphics are not really suitable for these games, but some at least got it running somehow on your graphics chip.

Did you run the Virus scan already?

I almost forgot, try a clean boot too.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. Click on OK
    8. Click Restart.
    9. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post
  • edited March 2010
    Intel graphics are not really suitable for these games, but some at least got it running somehow on your graphics chip.

Did you run the Virus scan already?

I almost forgot, try a clean boot too.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. Click on OK
    8. Click Restart.
    9. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post

How do i run a virus scan?/the other idea no go.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2010
    How do i run a virus scan?/the other idea no go.

So the clean boot didn't change anything?

I meant this one:
    It is a good idea to make a proper offline Virus scan, using a live CD. One option is the Avira AntiVir Rescue System.
  • edited March 2010
    Just scanned, i am virus free. Now what? Im starting to worry if this will happen when sam and max devils playhouse comes out.
This discussion has been closed.