GameTap

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
Does anybody know if S3 will be available on GameTap? The page doesn't say anything about it, only TTG.com and PSN

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    It might happen at some point, but it won't be on Gametap at launch I'm afraid.
  • edited March 2010
    What about Steam?
    edited March 2010
    I'm assuming Steam will have the usual launch time frame. I haven't heard anything either way, but I see no reason it would change.
  • edited March 2010
    Will wrote: »

Well that's just dandy! I've been waiting for Gametap to get the royal boot :D.
  • edited March 2010
    No more 2 week period of exclusivity? Awesome
  • edited March 2010
    Will wrote: »
    I'd like a confirmation...
    How long do you think the wait would be?
  • edited March 2010
    The vibe I got from his post was that the new season isn't likely to come to Gametap but it isn't impossible. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm wrong, but maybe the Metaboli acquisition has something to do with this.
  • edited March 2010
    Coldyron wrote: »
    The vibe I got from his post was that the new season isn't likely to come to Gametap but it isn't impossible. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm wrong, but maybe the Metaboli acquisition has something to do with this.
    My guess is that the GameTap model provided some money up-front for exclusivity and provided another avenue for distribution, but now Telltale doesn't need them anymore. They may have wanted to reward direct customers rather than those that rented a service, maybe the new management didn't want to renew the deal, maybe the old deal had some contractual obligations they'd rather shed, or any of a vast array of reasons and combinations of reasons for GameTap not being involved anymore.
    edited March 2010
    We don't have a scheduled date for Gametap, no.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.