Texas Hold'em- Crashing on start up

edited March 2010 in Game Support
I recently picked up Telltale Texas Hold'em, but as soon as I click launch game from the launcher, the screen goes black and then the game crashes (and then I'm back to desktop). I'm running Win7 64bit, with all the directx stuff installed. Any ideas?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Ok, I just loaded up the game and it definitely runs on my win7 64bit, so that's a start at least. So now the question is what's the difference between your setup and mine.

To start with, are all of your drivers up to date? Do you have your display output set to 32bit?
  • edited March 2010
    My drivers are all up-to date, display is set 32-bit. I tried disabled my 2nd monitor to see if that had anything to do with it but it still does the same thing. I have a 275GTX graphics card if that's any help.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Win7 x64, ATI 4870x2, 10.3a Catalyst drivers.
    edited March 2010
    Ok... just to make sure, is your IE up to date? have you done anything with it? I don't think that's the problem or you probably wouldn't be getting as far as being able to hit the play game button.

During the time the screen is black, do you have enough time to hit alt-enter?

Do you have any sort of LUA installed on your machine?
  • edited March 2010
    Got upto date IE, the only change I've made was to disable automatic proxy setting detection (due to an error with steam), reverting it back didn't make any difference. If I hit alt + enter it does window the game, window has the title "Telltale Games", if that tells you anything about when the game is freezing. I have Lua for Windows installed.
    edited March 2010
    Hmm, I bet it's the Lua issue causing the crash. I think there's an environment variable you need to remove, but I can't remember which. lemme ping some people
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Hmm, I bet it's the Lua issue causing the crash. I think there's an environment variable you need to remove, but I can't remember which. lemme ping some people

I made a little test installing LUA for Windows 5.1.4-34 and runing Texas Hold'em and ToMI. Only LUA_PATH seems to conflict with the games.
    You can either remove the System Environment Variable globally (Type "variable" in the start menu and look for something like System Variables. I don't have an English Windows installed, so i don't know the wording exactly), or if you need it you can e.g. create a batch file for each game that first unsets it with something like
    set LUA_PATH=
    Poker.exe

• edited March 2010
    Cool that fixed it completely, thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.