Have you seen a Sam & Max TV Commercial?

SegSeg
edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
Over the weekend, I've had two friends tell me they have seen a commercial for "Something Sam & Max" on the television. My friends don't remember much on which season or platform the commercial was for.

Funny thing is, no one at the studio I've talked to has any idea of what this commercial is! If you've seen this ad recently, mind posting what the ad is specifically for?

From what I can figure, it's one of the following possibilities:

* The old Gametap commercial which used to run on [ adult swim ].
* A new commercial from Atari for the Season 2 on Wii & Retail Windows.
* Max decided to make and air his own, as illustrated by Doodlebird79:

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Seg wrote: »

This is the only thing Sam and Max I've ever seen on TV.
  • edited March 2010
    I'd turn on my TV again if it meant that I could possibly see a commercial for Sam and Max.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Seg wrote: »
    This is the only thing Sam and Max I've ever seen on TV.
    Me too. Sadly I missed Sam & Max Freelance Police when it aired, despite my friend telling me how great it was. :eek:
  • edited March 2010
    I saw it! I think.

I was watching Adult Swim 2 days ago and lo and behold I saw a commercial for Sam and Max! It was indeed by Atari and it was advertising the Wii and PC releases of Beyond Time and Space. They even made a website for the deal.

http://www.atari.com/samandmaxtv/
  • edited March 2010
    I like how the TV commercial directs you to a web site, instead of stores, to retrieve this retail product. It's good advice; my quest to find a copy at a nearby retailer was an adventure game in and of itself.
  • edited March 2010
    The only thing I see them in is print ads in my Son's magazine.... and it says Mods next to Max and I always think "mods? what are they modding in the S&M game..?" its not a nude patch Max is already nude LOL.
  • edited March 2010
    I haven't but my friend has, I was describing Wallace and gromit to him and when I said "It's the adventures of a dog and..." he suddenly interrupted to say "and a rabbit with a wide smile, right?" and I went :eek: "Where'd you saw that??" In an [adult swim] commercial he told me.
  • edited March 2010
    I like how that ad uses Jurgen's "this promotional material is hella whack"...
  • edited March 2010
    Does this commercial exist online somewhere?
  • edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Does this commercial exist online somewhere?

If you're talking about the Atari Season 2 Wii/PC Commercial you can see it here

http://www.atari.com/samandmaxtv/

Its on the upper right corner of the site, press play, let it buffer for a few seconds and enjoy!

If you're talking about the [adult swim] cm I dont know where it is :rolleyes:
  • SegSeg
    edited March 2010
    Welp, mystery solved! Thanks folks!
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    sooo bad. why does that trailer exist?!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Wow.
  • edited March 2010
    Wait, is that actually being broadcast? Anywhere other than on TBS at 2:30 AM?
  • edited March 2010
    Oh boy. They made some weird choices when they put that trailer together.
  • edited March 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »

Eyebrow raising plots.
  • edited March 2010
    "Claw my eyes out, Sam! I can't bear to look at it!"

Okay they HAD to be making fun of themselves there. Nobody can be THAT OBLIVIOUS.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    Eyebrow raising plots.

haha yep. that's my favorite bullet. might as well be "scandalous story lines!"
  • edited March 2010
    It's so... beautiful
  • edited March 2010
    one of my friends saw it, he thought it was for a tv show at first, but he could tell it was certainly for sam and max, which I totally introduced to him, not likely for him to play it, but I have told him if he ever does play season two to play Ice Station Santa. Just for Maimtron
  • edited March 2010
    haha yep. that's my favorite bullet. might as well be "scandalous story lines!"

My favorite is the one on the site: "High production quality"

Although, I guess most people wouldn't expect that out of an Atari release these days.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm seriously confused as to what they were trying to achieve with that ad.

They could have made it a full-out parody of cheesy late-night Ronco-esque commercials (As Seen On TV™), or they could have tried to make it a straight-up "buy our cool game" ad. Instead, it tries to be both, and fails miserably.

I get a kick out of "amusing mini-games." I can't remember the last time I saw an ad that used the word "amusing".
  • edited March 2010

Because, much like Hollywood, they thought they could cut a better trailer than you guys who actually produced the product?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.