Episode trailers?

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
I just wanted to ask, is there going to be a trailer for every episode like in the previous Sam & Max seasons? I kinda liked those and I always look forward to them every month. Its like a tradition :D

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I hope so. But I don't think so.
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I hope so. But I don't think so.

Why not? They have done this previously.
  • edited March 2010
    Why not? They have done this previously.

My understanding is that back in the days of Seasons 1 and 2, there were two Telltalers working solely on promotional materials, including the episode trailers (Jake was one of them for sure; I think Sean is the other, but I'm not 100% on that). They've since moved on to working on the games themselves.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    ouch! Jake and I were the telltale trailer team up through Homestar. I know we both really miss doing those, but we got to do the opening credits for Season 3, so that's kind of our newest trailer baby.
  • edited March 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    ouch! Jake and I were the telltale trailer team up through Homestar. I know we both really miss doing those, but we got to do the opening credits for Season 3, so that's kind of our newest trailer baby.

Eep! I stand corrected. Sorry, Nick. :o
  • edited March 2010
    I think Telltale's to busy for any of that right now, if they did trailers then they'd have to slow down production on the new games. And we don't want that.
  • edited March 2010
    maybe they can include them on the DVD as a bonus? like "Here's what we would have done if you wanted your games 5 days later"!
  • edited March 2010
    But... that would just delay the next series (i.e. Tales of the Tentacle) by 5 days...
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    serializer wrote: »
    But... that would just delay the next series (i.e. Tales of the Tentacle) by 5 days...

well... 5 days a trailer means Tentacle would be delayed 25 days! :D
  • edited March 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    well... 5 days a trailer means Tentacle would be delayed 25 days! :D
    And now everyone is going to claim that Tales of the Tentacle is the next Telltale game, 'cause you said so. :p
  • edited March 2010
    Our evil plan of trickery and plants is coming to fruition... guahaha...
  • edited March 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    And now everyone is going to claim that Tales of the Tentacle is the next Telltale game, 'cause you said so. :p

Nonsense. Tales of the Tentacle is only a preliminary title; the actual title hasn't been decided on yet.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    I did the new trailer for The Devil's Playhouse, so doing monthly episode teasers falls in my court now. Nick and Jake left me big shoes to fill so I hope to deliver!
  • edited March 2010
    Well, the season trailer is awesome, so we have faith in you.

*Pull out gun*

Don't let us down...
  • edited March 2010
    Shauntron wrote: »
    I did the new trailer for The Devil's Playhouse, so doing monthly episode teasers falls in my court now. Nick and Jake left me big shoes to fill so I hope to deliver!

T-t-they're gonna be back?

... :'-)

Bless you, sir. Bless you.
  • onebluebirdonebluebird Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Hello All,

This is my first post and why not have it be about the cool things in the works for Sam & Max and general Marketing stuff. Both Shaun and I will be the new team that produces and directs the new Marketing videos. We hope to keep them coming as I know we have a blast making them.

Keep your eyes, ears and computers tuned in there's a lot of fun stuff in the works.
  • edited March 2010
    Keep your eyes, ears and computers tuned in there's a lot of fun stuff in the works.

Oh thank you thank you!
  • edited March 2010
    And now props to both Shaun and onebluebird! Woo, woo!
  • edited March 2010
    Now I have hope

hooooppppeeeeee
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Now I have hope

hooooppppeeeeee

Yeah, but in the Sam and Max world hope is only a four letter word...
    Or in your case, a 15 letter word :D

And so are there going to be monthly episodes trailers or not? My English isn't so good :confused:
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, but in the Sam and Max world hope is only a four letter word...
    Or in your case, a 15 letter word :D

And so are there going to be monthly episodes trailers or not? My English isn't so good :confused:
    There was some vague marketing-speak, but it seems we'll get "marketing videos" throughout the flow of the series. I guess that means episode ads? Maybe a return of Interim Theater?

It was a little unclear. :o
  • edited March 2010
    I just hear they are going to try to have monthly trailers or something.

So, now, I have hope.
  • edited March 2010
    Hope is the last thing that leaves us- That was said by some philosopher, I can't remember which one, but it was definitely a philosopher ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Hope is the last thing that leaves us- That was said by some philosopher, I can't remember which one, but it was definitely a philosopher ;)
    Hope is the last thing that remained in Pandora's Box.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.