Free Game

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
I used it on Bone: Out from Boneville, because I only don't own the Bone games, Texas Hold'em, and I didn't really want CSI anyway.

What did or would you use it for?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    the code doesn't work on CSI, i tried it. Grabbed episode 1 of bone, since i already had episode 2.
  • edited March 2010
    Since I already own S&M seasons, ToMI and W&G and don't care about poker or SBCG4AP I think it'll be one of the Bone's...
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2010
    moronic50 wrote: »
    the code doesn't work on CSI, i tried it. Grabbed episode 1 of bone, since i already had episode 2.

Since CSI is not episodic, it doesn't qualify.
  • edited March 2010
    I haven't pre-ordered Sam and Max yet, but I probably will!

If I do I think I'll get the first Wallace and Gromit episode. I only have one W&G game so far (the free one they gave out on their anniversary last year) and Texas Hold 'em doesn't particularly interest me. And I have all the other games. (I got both of the Bone games from coupons, come to think of it!)
  • edited March 2010
    jmm wrote: »
    Since CSI is not episodic, it doesn't qualify.

The funny thing is that CSI is episodic, it just isn't available as episodes.
  • edited March 2010
    I used it to give a mac-using friend a free ToMI episode.
  • edited March 2010
    I bought myself Ice Station Santa. It's downloading in the background right now!
  • edited March 2010
    I already have everything. These free episode codes are starting to get annoying. At least it wasn't another copy of Ice Station Santa. :D
  • edited March 2010
    I already have everything. These free episode codes are starting to get annoying. At least it wasn't another copy of Ice Station Santa. :D

Sharing is caring?
  • edited March 2010
    Sharing is caring?
    Sometimes I think your goal in life is to obtain the entire Telltale catalog through the generosity of others. ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Sometimes I think your goal in life is to obtain the entire Telltale catalog through the generosity of others. ;)

Done already. I have friends with interests in Sam and Max, though...
  • edited March 2010
    I used mine on Homestar Ruiner, and hooray, I now have all the StrongBad episodes, and for free too. :D
  • edited March 2010
    Sharing is caring?
    I've heard as much, and I'm somewhat skeptical. I'm sure I'd just be robbing the other person of the opportunity to advance themselves out of their own will and effort. Really, I'd just be stunting their personal growth.

Besides, I've never heard the phrase "freeloading is caring". :cool:
  • edited March 2010
    Done already. I have friends with interests in Sam and Max, though...
    Ah. Congratulations, and I tip my hat to your generosity. Um, if I had a hat.
  • edited March 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Ah. Congratulations, and I tip my hat to your generosity. Um, if I had a hat.

Generosity? He's waited until he had the complete collection for free before thinking about other people and you call that generosity? :P
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Generosity? He's waited until he had the complete collection for free before thinking about other people and you call that generosity? :P
    I purposefully left the sarcasm quotient a bit vague... take it as you wish. ;)
  • edited March 2010
    I got Homestar Ruiner
  • edited March 2010
    Making my way through the wallace and gromit games via the codes/promotions. One left to go. :D
  • edited March 2010
    It would have worked on Bone? Ah damn. SBCG4AP isn't to my taste but I went for that as the only one I didn't have, but my retail version of Bone doesn't work properly. I just assumed it only worked on the full episodic games from Sam & Max Save the World onwards; I'd have got Bone if I'd known. Ah well.
  • edited March 2010
    Since the free episode is valid til the end of the year, is it possible to use it on things that may come out later?
  • edited March 2010
    Since the free episode is valid til the end of the year, is it possible to use it on things that may come out later?

Nope, just on pre-released titles before TOMI.
  • edited March 2010
    Nope, just on pre-released titles before TOMI.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. =] Guess I'll use it as a gift then.
  • edited March 2010
    I almost put Abe Lincoln Must Die on that poll!
  • edited March 2010
    Im getting the last episode of Wallace and Gromit.

Between the various freebie promotions, this means I have got the entire Wallace and Gromit series for free! :D
  • edited March 2010
    You forgot the "I already own everything and therefore have nothing to use a Free Game coupon on other than giving it away to a friend" option.

Truth be told I don't have Texas Hold em or CSI but Interest level = 0 and .5 respectively.
  • edited March 2010
    You forgot the "I already own everything and therefore have nothing to use a Free Game coupon on other than giving it away to a friend" option.

Truth be told I don't have Texas Hold em or CSI but Interest level = 0 and .5 respectively.
    I got Texas Hold 'Em for free from a survey a while back, and I don't think the free game coupon does anything for CSI(the only Telltale games I don't own).

I've considered collecting free game coupons to try and get a second copy of a game, so I can get a back-up disc. Seems this would be best for Tales, where I could get the $15 price for the Deluxe goodies again(the exact kind of shenanigans that attaching it to the DVD rather than making it a separate product is trying to avoid).
  • edited March 2010
    SBCG4AP isn't my kind of humor so I got W&G. Was actually quite good too.
  • edited March 2010
    Can you use the free code for any of the ToMI games? It doesn't look like it on the site but wasn't sure with regards to this poll.

Thank!
  • edited March 2010
    The code can be used on any one episode of S&M, ToMI, SBCG4AP, W&G, or Bone.
  • edited March 2010
    I got Telltale Texas Hold'em as that was the only one (baring the CSI games) I didn't have yet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.