TOMI Mac slowdown

edited April 2010 in Game Support
I have a 2.2ghz Macbook Pro with 128mb Nvidia 8600. When I started the game up for the first time, I set the visual quality to 9. I played for an hour or so and then closed the game, and everything was great and looked perfect. However, the next time I played the game, I had massive slowdown. I lowered the visual quality down to 6, and everything was fine. After a couple of minutes, just for fun, I set the quality back to 9. There was no slowdown! So, it seems every time I start the game with the quality from 7-9, I get slowdown. But If I set it to something lower and then bring it back up, it's fine. Has anyone experienced this problem/know what to do ?
Thanks!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Yes, I have the same problem. I have essentially the same machine too (albeit with the 2.2ghz processor. No idea what is causing the issue.
  • edited April 2010
    Uploaded a video showing what happens to me.
    Running on a MacBook Pro 3,1 2.2GHz, 4GB Ram, 128MB VRam Nvidia 8600

does'nt matter if i turn down graphics quality or resolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1NLZhEezak
  • edited April 2010
    Senior79 wrote: »
    Uploaded a video showing what happens to me.
    Running on a MacBook Pro 3,1 2.2GHz, 4GB Ram, 128MB VRam Nvidia 8600

does'nt matter if i turn down graphics quality or resolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1NLZhEezak

well, that's strange. I don't own a Mac, so I don't know if you have this but if so try going into your video card settings and turn your Anti-Aliasing settings down.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Do you have any background tasks running?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I know this was posted a while ago, but did you guys ever solve the issues?
  • edited April 2010
    If this is a recurring problem that only happens with this particular game the cause could be memory leaks, if the game continues degrade in quality over time. A couple of things I would suggest noting would be noting your current OS and checking the performance at different points of the game.
  • edited April 2010
    Nope, problems still there.
    I can upload more clips to youtube if you want to see :)
    Played ToMI 1 on my MacMini3,1 4GB Ram Nvidia 9400 etc. Flawless.

Everyone of us with these problems seems to have the same hardware.
    MacBook Pro 3,1 with Nvidia M8600 GT graphics.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, yeah, I'm worried it may be something driver specific. I'm not entirely sure what we can do about it at the moment, but I'll fwd it along to our graphics guys.
  • edited April 2010
    These problems actually seem to have gotten worse for me. Even if I lower the resolution significantly and set the quality to 1, I still get horrible slowdown. I have Snow Leopard and all the newest updates.
  • edited April 2010
    Same Problem with me! I have a macbook pro 3.1 too and all the newest updates on snow leopard. even with the lowest resolution and 1 in the graphic settings is the game unplayable... it's really sad, i hope there will be a solution soon!

greetz
  • edited April 2010
    The slowdown for me has gotten progressively worse. I am playing Lair of the Leviathan and I can't get a solid framerate anywhere, not matter what the resolution or quality. This pretty much makes the game unplayable for me, which is a real shame because I was really enjoying ToMI.
  • edited April 2010
    Bumping the thread.

Would be nice to hear something.
    Right now all episodes are unplayable for me in this condition.
This discussion has been closed.