Who'd win in a fight, Sam or Max?

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
Sam always beats Max to the phone, and keeps Max in line, so i'm saying Sam.

My fond hope is that this will become the new Federation vs Galactic Empire debate of the internet

though let's all hope that they never fight, or it would all go a bit Lethal Weapon...Max is Riggs by the by

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I would say Sam too, but Max would definitely have started the fight.
  • edited March 2010
    Im sure Sam would win! So true that if Max can't beat him to the phone he might not beat him in a fight :rolleyes: XD

But I'm sure they'll never fight for real! :o
  • edited March 2010
    Sam would win. Max has always been a pushover in the games more often than Sam has been, even though Max is manic he's been beaten up pretty easily. The golf course in Hit the Road is a prime example. Sam's not so easy. In the end it's the two of them working together that makes the powerful heroes, not apart.

So my verdict is-

jqnbk2.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Max, by use of his powers as President of the United States, his Priest-abilities, his physic abilities and his teeth.

(You guys are bored, eh?)
  • edited March 2010
    Is this Max with or without the ability to turn into
    a bazooka
    ? (Devil's Playhouse spoilers)
  • edited March 2010
    If you put their in equally conditions, Sam wins because he's bigger. If you attach all the abilities Max has now in the fight, I have no idea. Really.
  • edited March 2010
    I think it depends on what inventory items they have stored in their, ahem, pockets.
  • edited March 2010
    Max hands down, he is pretty evil, and a badass fighter. Just replay Hit the road, and hear he growl in the shop. Hey max this guy doesnt think your scary, what do you think about that, Max ROOOOOAAAAARRR!.
  • edited March 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Max hands down, he is pretty evil, and a badass fighter. Just replay Hit the road, and hear he growl in the shop. Hey max this guy doesnt think your scary, what do you think about that, Max ROOOOOAAAAARRR!.

Keeping in mind I know what are you talking about, I find Sam scarier.Probably is because is not that usual.

And, by the way, I think I read this in the wiki, but apparently, both aren't really good fighters.
  • edited March 2010
    Sam has a lot more control over the situation. And he's been keeping Max in line for years, apparently.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm fairly sure Sam would win, just by throwing Max out of the way (like when they fight over the phone).

But if Max gets the chance, he'd probably still be capable of doing some painful damage to Sam.
  • edited March 2010
    well I guess it all comes down to who can pull a gun faster. I guess Max would win.
  • edited March 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    well I guess it all comes down to who can pull a gun faster.
    Not really... it would just turn into a deadlock since they can't hit each other...
  • edited March 2010
    Neither would win, because they would never get in a full blown fight. Easy.
  • MRNMRN
    edited March 2010
    Not really... it would just turn into a deadlock since they can't hit each other...

I guess it would be like this:

"I can't shoot my little buddy!"

"I can't shoot Sam!"

And so on....
  • edited March 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    I guess it would be like this:

"I can't shoot my little buddy!"

"I can't shoot Sam!"

And so on....

Or they have so terrible aim they will never hit each other. Period
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Or they have so terrible aim they will hit each other. Period
    I think the word "never" got missing there somewhere...
  • edited March 2010
    I think the word "never" got missing there somewhere...

Thanks
  • edited March 2010
    Sam has a lot more control over the situation. And he's been keeping Max in line for years, apparently.

Which brings me to my conclusion that Sam is actually the more sadistic and mean than Max could ever be.
  • edited March 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    Which brings me to my conclusion that Sam is actually the more sadistic and mean than Max could ever be.

Well... apparently Max likes to be punched as much as he likes to punch. So, I went to the same conclusion as you, however Sam has sense of guilty and embarrasment... Thanks godness he has!
  • edited March 2010
    Sam's just a maxochist.
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Well... apparently Max likes to be punched as much as he likes to punch. So, I went to the same conclusion as you, however Sam has sense of guilty and embarrasment... Thanks godness he has!

Has he now...
    Who actually stands watching while Max running wild on criminals?
    He could stop Max... but he doesn't! Instead I see him smiling!
    Thats not the face of someone who feels guilty!
    He is a sick little puppy!!!
  • edited March 2010
    They're criminals. They had it coming.
    I mean, death is a perfect punishment for jaywalking... RIGHT?
  • edited March 2010
    Has he now...

It's not like I'm not agree with you, but that is what I read in the Series Bible.

But, in the other side, they are criminals. Criminals are unlawful. They deserve to be attacked by Max.

And then all sense of guilt go away.

(I know is an excuse. I know)
    They're criminals. They had it coming.
    I mean, death is a perfect punishment for jaywalking... RIGHT?

EXACTLY
  • edited March 2010
    Has he now...

Obligatory "You crack me up little buddy" response post here
  • edited March 2010
    Regarding the Sam always beats Max to the phone argument, one thing to consider is that neither of them probably really want to seriously hurt each other (probably) and so are holding back, but Max more so since I see his fightstyle being all about seriously hurting people (at least) whereas Sam is better able to moderate his fight skills to the level he wants.

In an actual straight up all-out fight I would not want to see. Sam has the self-control to not make mistakes but Max has the bloodlust and passion.
    Sam beats Max's gun vice rather easily but gets eaten rather easily by Max's hunger vice for instance.
    Either way, it would be very messy with alot of collateral damage!
  • edited March 2010
    Neither would win, because they would never get in a full blown fight. Easy.

This.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.