What is favourite Sam and Max game?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Was curious of which is your favourite.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    The order is Time and Space, not Space and Time.

Also, I prefer to call it "Season Two", thanks.
  • edited March 2010
    Pretty hard poll I must say since I love all 3 games :rolleyes:
    But Season 2 has my vote in being the coolest of the 3! ^_^

Me too, actually! :D
  • edited March 2010
    That's a difficult decision.

My vote goes to Hit the Road. I think that one's my favourite overall, but like I said it's not easy picking a favourite. I love them all!
  • edited March 2010
    Season Two->Season One->Hit The Road.

Season Two is my favourite.
  • edited March 2010
    Season 2, definitely.
  • edited March 2010
    Every game has it's good sides.

Hit the Road is most challenging of them all and I like the fact that you have several different icons instead just one smart cursor. I also like the fact that there are inventory puzzles. While story was amusing, many secondary characters aren't as memorable as in the later games.

Season 1: I love the Toy Mafia song and Hugh Bliss is most badass character ever. This season also introduced some great characters like Bosco and the Soda Poppers. Third episode was my favourite and fifth episode was my least favourite, because I didn't care that much about the Internet humour.

Season 2: Has the coolest theme. I like vampires, time travelling and Hell as theme, although first two episodes aren't as cool as the rest. Girl Stinky was my favourite new character of this season and I also liked that Flint Paper had bigger role than in the Hit the Road, where you can't even actually see him. I can't decide if I liked 3rd or 5th episode most, but my least favourite was the first episode.

I can't really decide which game is the best, but if you would make game with HtR's difficulty and more complex interface and combine it with the best characters from two TTG's seasons, then you would have ultimate Sam & Max experience.
  • edited March 2010
    Season 2, just for the last two episodes. Funny, twisted and some of the best material I've heard from Telltale yet.
  • edited March 2010
    The order is Time and Space, not Space and Time.

I don't prefer calling it that, but I usually end up calling it that, just out of habit. I actually like the name more than just "Season Two" because typically Sam and Max's capers are given some kind of name.
  • edited March 2010
    Season 2, no contest IMO.
  • edited March 2010
    Season 1. I wouldn't have played the others if I never started with Season 1.
    Reality 2.0 is still my second favourite Telltale Episode of all times.
  • edited March 2010
    Season 2 is the current best Sam & Max game ever made, and my favorite. But that'll change after April 15. ;)
  • edited March 2010
    I have one favorite episode in each season & Hit the Road never gets old, so I can't pick a favorite.
  • edited March 2010
    Season 2 is the best, but my favorite episode was Abe Lincoln... you know the rest.
  • edited April 2010
    Tough for me.

Hit the Road is a classic for me, and I was in my early teens playing it. Loved the characters, loved the story, loved the humour. My only problem was I didn't have the voices until more recently when I finally learned about the ScummVM engine.

Season one had some great songs, great humour, likeable (and dislikable!) characters, and I quite enjoyed Reality 2.0 and the Hit the Road references. One of my favourite Bosco moments was asking him "Do you have any..." in the last episode, and I loved it again in Season 2 with the follow-up.

Season two, though, will probably be my favourite so far. I love time travel games when done right, and this one was done right. Nice paradoxes, hilarious twists, and overall the episodes tied in to each other much more than the previous season. All the little references, the characters, the Maimtron 9000...I particularly liked in the second episode, I believe, where someone said something was "as useless as an ink ribbon in a German castle", then finding a useless ink ribbon in episode three, and then finding out why it was there in the next. All those little side-jokes were great, as was seeing Momma Bosco's store with the same advertisements from Hit the Road.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.