Can I get some help/advice from those in the know?

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
Hi, I've just re-discovered Sam & Max recently through the Surfin'... comic re-release and remembered playing Hit The Road with my mate when I was MUCH younger! I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on a couple of things-
Is Hit The Road available for Mac? (I've looked but can't find it anywhere). If not, is it likely to be released any time soon? Is there any chance of it coming out on XBLA (or is it already on there?) I'm hoping to get my 360 online in the next few months (moving house, etc) so if one of the two is a yes I can finally replay this classic game!
-My other question is regarding the cartoon dvd seasons, if I buy them will I have region problems or are they all region free? Whats the chance of a UK edition/release? I'll probably risk buying them anyway at some point but it would be nice to know they'll work!
Thanks for any help anyone can give me! I'm so glad Sam & Max are still going and wish I had re-discovered them again sooner!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    As far as I know, ScummVM is currently the only way to play Hit the Road on a Mac.

Nevermind about that.
  • edited March 2010
    Hit the Road was released for Mac way back when. It was released as part of the LucasArts Archives collection (which included other games) for Macintosh as well as by itself. As a windows user, I have no idea how well those play on current Macs. You can find copies on ebay for good prices, depending on how much you're willing to spend and how much you care or don't about the box/artwork.

As for the cartoons, the dvds are Region 1 encoded.
  • edited March 2010
    As for the cartoons, the dvds are Region 1 encoded.

Not only Region 1, they work fine in Australia, so that would mean any Region 4 country, so you would assume they are also Region 2 capable as well, seeing as they are more likely to be sold to Europeans than Australians. Most likely, they are Region-Free, though:D
  • edited March 2010
    The Cartoon DVDs sold in the Telltale store are Region free.
  • edited March 2010
    Cool, thanks for the help everyone! I'll get the dvds from Telltale at some point then, and I spotted a few copies of Hit The Road for PC in work (Wilkinsons) last night for only £3.99 so think I'll grab one and see if my PC-owning mate will let me play it!
  • edited March 2010
    martin82 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the help everyone! I'll get the dvds from Telltale at some point then, and I spotted a few copies of Hit The Road for PC in work (Wilkinsons) last night for only £3.99 so think I'll grab one and see if my PC-owning mate will let me play it!
    Just grab the Mac version of ScummVM and you can play Hit The Road (and a lot of other supported games) on any platform that ScummVM runs on, including Mac OS X...

np: Jamie Lidell - Another Day (Rustie Remix - Instrumental) (Another Day)
  • edited March 2010
    I'll give it a go! Nice one!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.