Preorder from Steam, access to forum?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
http://store.steampowered.com/news/3639/
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse is now available for pre-purchase on Steam.

Get a FREE game with purchase: Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead and get access to a Freelance Police Elite Forces membership!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901399/
Get a FREE game with purchase: Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead

Get Freelance Police Elite Forces membership, which entitles you to:
  • Access to private forum - featuring scheduled chats with Steve Purcell, series designers and more
  • Special 'member' preview area - get first look at sneaks from upcoming episodes first!
  • Elite Forces downloads - avatars, wallpaper
  • Elite Forces pass for Telltale Store - monthly special deals thru Sept 2010

Now may I please have my forum access?

Edit: err... Sorry for the tone of the post, I don't mean to be mean or angry or impatient :)

Comments

• joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Hello Steam pre-orderers,

You should receive emails shortly with more information on how to get on this forum.

This is just getting rolling.

Thanks in advance for patience on this :)

For those who are considering making a pre-order on Steam and haven't done that yet, be sure to check the email opt-in box during when you're making your purchase.

Best,

Joel, Telltale
  • edited March 2010
    Oh god
    I didn't see any box
    Maybe I missed it?
    Oh god
    OH GOD
    OH GOD!
    *implodes*
  • edited March 2010
    Well, this is new.

Next you know Steam users can actually get a DVD. Can they? (I already bought here anyway so I am sure I get one...)
  • edited March 2010
    Well, this is new.

Next you know Steam users can actually get a DVD. Can they? (I already bought here anyway so I am sure I get one...)

well if they get the forum access it's somewhat of a proof of purchase...
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, that's why I am asking.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, I was using the Beta UI, and didn't recall seeing an email opt in box when I purchased. :confused:
  • edited March 2010
    bhxob wrote: »
    Yeah, I was using the Beta UI, and didn't recall seeing an email opt in box when I purchased. :confused:
    same

I also pre-purchased Tales of Monkey Island, can I get proof of purchase to that, too? :P

Just kidding, but if for some reason you need info, my SteamID page is www.steampowered.com/id/NeatNit and my email is NeatNit@gmail.com (I am not afraid to put it online cause google has amazing spam filters and every now and then one comes through and it's usually hilarious)

Edit:
    checkout.th.png
    Either the checkbox was AFTER this (I'm not going to buy the games again, so I can't check) or there's a glitch. :/

The new Steam UI is pretty similar.
  • edited March 2010
    Same here. Pre-ordered the game on Steam and didn't see any box (though it did appear when I installed another game by Telltale, asking me for my e-mail. I suppose that would suffice).
  • edited March 2010
    Newblade wrote: »
    Same here. Pre-ordered the game on Steam and didn't see any box (though it did appear when I installed another game by Telltale, asking me for my e-mail. I suppose that would suffice).

I think I've checked that particular box a few too many times. I get 4 copies of the newsletter now. :p
  • edited March 2010
    I Pre ordered too from Steam, also no email. Oh well, I also don't renumber an opt in box.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Given the missing opt-in box from Steam, they're telling us that they'll be sending the pre-orderers an email with further instructions on this.

- Joel
  • edited March 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Given the missing opt-in box from Steam, they're telling us that they'll be sending the pre-orderers an email with further instructions on this.

- Joel

Thank you, much appreciated:).
  • edited March 2010
    So... any update on when us steam pre-orderers will be getting our email giving us access? I don't mean to nag, but we've only got 2weeks of the forum access to go as is, so if it happens too late, it may as well not happen at all.
  • edited April 2010
    As mentioned in another thread, the Freelance Police Elite Forces membership mention has disappeared from the store page. That's exactly why I quoted them.

What's up with that? Have you given up on getting the emails sent? Cause I haven't gotten any.
  • edited April 2010
    Bump
    This is really unfair. I admit, I would have bought it through Steam even if it didn't have the Elite Forces membership, but it was still advertised it and I expect some sort of compensation. I'll contact Steam Support, cause I don't know how much TellTale had to do with this (if I understand correctly, it wasn't your fault at all and you simply were not able to send the emails?), but please clarify what happened.
  • edited April 2010
    Yes it would be nice. Confirmation on if we are getting it or not would also be nice.
  • edited April 2010
    BUUUUUUUUMP

Don't forget about us, guys!!
  • edited April 2010
    Hmmm... I've seen little mentions about a "private forum", but until now I never really spent any time thinking about them. I haven't been able to find any details really (just people complaining that they don't have access if they ordered through Steam/iPad/Wii/mail-order floppy, and now I see a "private" forum with 4 posts that I assume is supposed to be it). As a pre-orderer direct from Telltale am I supposed to also have access to whatever this is?
  • edited April 2010
    Ripcord wrote: »
    Hmmm... I've seen little mentions about a "private forum", but until now I never really spent any time thinking about them. I haven't been able to find any details really (just people complaining that they don't have access if they ordered through Steam/iPad/Wii/mail-order floppy, and now I see a "private" forum with 4 posts that I assume is supposed to be it). As a pre-orderer direct from Telltale am I supposed to also have access to whatever this is?
    Yes you are. There's a link in your order confirmation e-mail that allows you to post in threads in the private forum. There's also a coupon code for a free Telltale episode in there.
  • edited April 2010
    Yes you are. There's a link in your order confirmation e-mail that allows you to post in threads in the private forum. There's also a coupon code for a free Telltale episode in there.

Well, B'gosh and Begorrah. (And I don't use the word "Begorrah" lightly). So I did. Thanks Kerrek-killer.
  • edited April 2010
    Well, I got gifted Season 3 pre-ordered today, and he didn't see a check box.
    I haven't gotten an email either.
  • edited April 2010
    Just giving a small bump here.
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe the one who gifted it to you got the mail? Try asking.
  • edited April 2010
    TonViper wrote: »
    Maybe the one who gifted it to you got the mail? Try asking.

I did, in which he said hadn't gotten one.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.