Monkey Island Graphics Question

edited March 2010 in Game Support
I'm playing through Tales of Monkey Island to compare my current computer's graphical capabilities to that of the high quality videos I've found just to get a mental benchmark as to what to expect from my system come Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse. I'll spare you the differences I've spoted, as they are unimportant.

Anyway, I'm playing the game on Quality Level 3. I tried Quality Level 4, but some of the special effects (glows, particle animations, etc.) cause the frame rate to slow to a crawl at that level.

While playing at that quality level, I couldn't help but notice breaks in the character models. While I don't see the various rigging elements, I can see where each of the parts break at the joints. For example, I can see breaks between each knuckle on Guybrush's hand. I've only played through Chapter 1, and the most disturbing example is the fact that I can see where Nipperkin's mouth breaks from the rest of his face.:eek:

Is this normal for that quality level? I don't recall ever seeing breaks in the character models in S&M:Season 2, even at the lowest setting.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Was there a difference as the series went along? The later episodes looked better than the first one or am I just imagining things?
  • edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Was there a difference as the series went along? The later episodes looked better than the first one or am I just imagining things?

I haven't played Chapter 2 yet, and won't until tomorrow afternoon. You know, pacing myself.:D
  • edited March 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    While playing at that quality level, I couldn't help but notice breaks in the character models. While I don't see the various rigging elements, I can see where each of the parts break at the joints.

There were several complaints about that when the episodes were released.
    I never really saw it since I played on "1"
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    That was a problem with the very first episode only. I *think* we patched that version at some point, but honestly I'm not 100% sure. Certainly when the Earl Boen version comes out, those seams will no longer be there.

At any rate, that shouldn't be affected by graphics quality setting. It was just a bug.
This discussion has been closed.