Monkey Island 103 Lair of L Mac game freeze

edited April 2010 in Game Support
My sister came to visit and is trying to run her game on my Mac. Neither of us know squat about gaming on a Mac. In the Lair of the Levianthan, the game is locking up after a cut scene in which the female pirate has tied up all the other pirates inside the manatee. The sound will continue for a while, but the picture locks up and pretty quick whole computer freezes. Ever cmd, option, esc doesn't work. Any fixes? Thanks!

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Hey Hap, do you know what the version number of the game is? Could you do Get Info on the 103.app?
  • edited April 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Hey Hap, do you know what the version number of the game is? Could you do Get Info on the 103.app?

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realize I had missed it. It's 2.0.3.20. :)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, ok, so you have the most recent version. You may just be overheating, though it seems a little odd.

Could you try turning your in-game graphics quality setting way down and see if it's still happening?
  • edited April 2010
    That worked! I had turned it down a couple of notches before and had made it further in the sequence. I should have thought to turn it all the way down. Thanks a bunch!

My i-mac is less than a year old, you would have thought it could handle these things. Oh well...
This discussion has been closed.