What's all this about April 3rd?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I thought this was coming out on the 14th. I had a nice schedule laid out where I was going to beat Season 2 over the next 2 weeks (Spent the last 2 weeks beating season 1) and now it's coming out tomorrow? Or is that just the ipad version? The front page isn't clear...

Comments

• edited April 2010
    It'll be the iPad version as the hardware itself is available from then.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    PC and PS3 release date is the same as it ever was. iPad has snuck in early.
  • edited April 2010
    Now I am going to have once in a lifetime by talking heads stuck in my head all day
  • edited April 2010
    Well that sucks, I mean it's good that you got it on another platform but an early release for Apple? I paid twice for this game for the PS3 and PC versions and I don't even get to play it because I didn't run out and buy another OMG APPLE product.
  • edited April 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Well that sucks, I mean it's good that you got it on another platform but an early release for Apple? I paid twice for this game for the PS3 and PC versions and I don't even get to play it because I didn't run out and buy another OMG APPLE product.
    Huh? Yes you do. You get to play it on April 15th on both platforms. It was an amicable deal for you when you made those purchases, after all.
  • edited April 2010
    True, little bummed out though that TellTale ran just ran down the sell out route by having their games exclusive to a platform for a set amount of time, I hope Apple are paying well.
  • edited April 2010
    True, little bummed out though that TellTale ran just ran down the sell out route by having their games exclusive to a platform for a set amount of time, I hope Apple are paying well.

...it's not an exclusivity deal. They wanted it available for the launch hype of the iPad, with the thousands of new customers that will be grabbing an iPad and immediately going to the app store to check out what kinds of sweet apps they can grab, and Sam and Max will be front and center and available for their grubby little paws.

If it was an exclusivity deal, we'd be seeing a difference of several months between releases, as I'm pretty sure Apple wouldn't approach TTG and say "We'll give you 10 million dollars for 12 days of exclusivity" because that makes no sense at all.
  • edited April 2010
    I suppose, still, bummed out, I guess it's just the suddenness of it, I wouldn't of bothered if it was mentioned weeks ago, would of thought, ohh, Appl get it early, good for them, but now, after waiting for it for weeks, and seeing OUT NOW!!!!! But only for iPad, feels like a kick in the face and it's only a matter of time before all the hipster jerks are on this forum spoiling the game.
  • edited April 2010
    You can't really blame them for wanting to be part of a big hardware launch like the iPad - opportunities like this don't come around very often.

Anyway, in my view it's not as bad as the Gametap deal Telltale did for season 1 of Sam & Max - that was for every episode whereas this should be just for the first one.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    It's nothing personal, dude. Nobody's kicking you in the face.
    it's only a matter of time before all the hipster jerks are on this forum spoiling the game.

ihipsters.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »

24gvdl5.jpg I'm sorry, I've just had a really long day
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010

This is a lie. I will in fact personally kick everyone who does not buy an iPad and the iPad version of SM3 in the face.
  • edited April 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    This is a lie. I will in fact personally kick everyone who does not buy an iPad and the iPad version of SM3 in the face.

You shot me right in the face twice at point blank range in TF2 one faithful day while I was marvelling at how the hell the Steel map worked. This counts
  • edited April 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    You shot me right in the face twice at point blank range in TF2 one faithful day while I was marvelling at how the hell the Steel map worked. This counts
    I'm pretty sure the phrase is "fateful day".
  • edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure the phrase is "fateful day".

I converted to Taoism that day you see... i'm not stupid or anything :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2010
    I for one cant wait for hipsters to start posting here.... I can go on and on about coffee flavors, pop-electric-folk jazz-polka-fusion music, and what Vera Wang glasses are the bestest....
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Now I am going to have once in a lifetime by talking heads stuck in my head all day

Time isn't holding us... Time isn't after us
  • edited April 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I converted to Taoism that day you see... i'm not stupid or anything :rolleyes:
    Team Fortress 2?

OR

Taoist Fanatic, too?

Perhaps this was Valve's plan all along.

Perhaps you've unwittingly found yourself embroiled in a Taoist splinter cult, run by Valve to unknown illicit ends?
  • edited April 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    But then first you'll have to fly me over.

And then might as well give me a job :P (not to mention that increases YOUR chance to punch me MORE in the future... THINK ABOUT IT!)
  • edited April 2010
    Team Fortress 2?

OR

Taoist Fanatic, too?

Perhaps this was Valve's plan all along.

Perhaps you've unwittingly found yourself embroiled in a Taoist splinter cult, run by Valve to unknown illicit ends?

character_randy_marsh.gif

My god
  • PsyPsy
    edited April 2010
    But then first you'll have to fly me over.
    Yare's kicks have some pretty nice reach
  • edited April 2010
    PC and PS3 release date is the same as it ever was.

THE SAME AS IT EVER WAS, SAME AS IT EVER WAS, SAME AS IT EVER WAS, SAME AS IT EVER WAS...

Sorry. I just imagined Jake with a microphone echoing that...
    iPad just snuck in early.

Grrr... :mad:
  • edited April 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    Yare's kicks have some pretty nice reach

I confirm this.
    If you think you're safe stalking him from another country, think again.
  • edited April 2010
    Darn japanese turnbase... :D
    Why would I stalk Yare? If I would do TTG stalking, I would pick a girl/woman/sentient warbot.
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    ...it's not an exclusivity deal. They wanted it available for the launch hype of the iPad, with the thousands of new customers that will be grabbing an iPad and immediately going to the app store to check out what kinds of sweet apps they can grab, and Sam and Max will be front and center and available for their grubby little paws.
    You know, people with so much extraneous cash that they buy an iPad on launch day (probably without even knowing what to use it for yet) DESERVE to give Telltale even more of their cash. It's like Sam & Max fining fellow motorists thousands of dollars for, like, dead taillights.

If the iPad launch hype gives TTG extra monies to work with all around, more money to them - at least until the hype dies down and iPads get sold off on eBay by the dozen like the $%&*#@ useless toys they are... :D

np: To Rococo Rot - Forwardness (Speculation)
  • edited April 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    You know, people with so much extraneous cash that they buy an iPad on launch day (probably without even knowing what to use it for yet)

88927261.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    88927261.jpg

... ♥♥♥
  • edited April 2010
    88927261.jpg
    *infinite thumbs up*

np: Caribou - Hello Hammerheads (The Milk Of Human Kindness)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.