Game Crashes

edited April 2010 in Game Support
Have had the majority of the games from this site, pretty much as they are released, as I am a big fan of the older adventure games etc, and this site has been an invaluable source of this material in a diminishing market.

Yet when I have tried to launch the games recently (have updated some of my hardware since i last played them), they are crashing upon launch - i am seeing the introduction bos, whereupon i click "launch game", and am met with a "encountered a problem and needs to close" screen seconds later - this is occuring with all the games from the website.

Obviously this is very frustrating and I havn't been able to spot any hotlinks to fixes on the website, having bought almost all these games, it seems a somewhat blow to be unable to play any of them!

If I need to post any of hardware details to help give an idea of what may be the problem, please list what is required - i will list the new components that i bought recently which i think are synonymous with the problem.

gigabyte ga-p55m-ud2 ip55

kingston 4gb (2x2gb) ddr3 1600 mhz/pc3-12800 cl9(9-9-9-27)

intel core i5 750 2.66 ghz socket lga1156 8mb l3

asus hd 5770 cu core 1gb gddr5 dvi vga hdmi out pci-e

copy and paste job - sorry if any of that is surplus info, its mainly greek to me.

any support asap would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Is your display color depth set to 32 bit?
    Is there any more information in the error message?
  • edited April 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Is your display color depth set to 32 bit?
    Is there any more information in the error message?

it was on 16, can't believe i forgot to try that - just tried to launch and it worked, thanks a lot :>
This discussion has been closed.