Monkey Island.. cant get past title screen

edited April 2010 in Game Support
i just bought the new monkey island... after installing the game, it slowly loads and goes to the main title screen i assume... the graphics are looking good but the words on the left are just colored blocks and there is no mouse to see where i am trying to move... pretty upset. whats the deal. got vista on a computer than should easily run this game

Comments

• edited April 2010
    look here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15858
    DjNDB wrote: »
    I've seen that with Intel graphics chips if the drivers are too old.

A dxdiag log would be helpful.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited April 2010
    computer details
  • edited April 2010
    You have the same problem as the other guy one thread further down. The same old driver for the same GPU.
    DjNDB wrote: »
    It's that old Intel driver. Try to install the latest one from Intel. If it doesn't let you, try to install it manually from the zip file via device manager or fall back to the older one provided by dell.

Your Info:
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Driver Date/Size: 12/11/2007 13:09:26, 2363392 bytes

The other guys info:
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Driver Date/Size: 5/15/2007 22:24:06, 2363392 bytes
  • edited April 2010
    neither of those drivers will install properly... says does not meet minimum requirements which is rediculous... got to have a 5 thousand dollar computer to play monkey island.. back in the day you could have a piece of crap and play 1, 2 and 3. ha.. appreciate the help though
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    wtatum141 wrote: »
    neither of those drivers will install properly... says does not meet minimum requirements which is rediculous... got to have a 5 thousand dollar computer to play monkey island.. back in the day you could have a piece of crap and play 1, 2 and 3. ha.. appreciate the help though

Did you try it this way to install the latest Intel driver from the zip file?
    It should bypass the manufacturer check, so you're not depending on them to validate and release drivers for your notebook model.

If that doesn't work, instead of the Dell driver linked in my quote you should try what sony provides.
  • edited April 2010
    when i tried to manually install the driver it comes back to say "windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date".... on the sony website... which would you recommend...
This discussion has been closed.