Sam&Max anaglyph mode

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I know that i'm constantly beeing ignored by TTG after stating my preferences for point&click but i do have a request: Would it be possible that you add a anaglyph mode for future games? You know supporting those red-green/blue/cyan glasses which cause massive headaches after some time but somehow still are fun?!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    I know that i'm constantly beeing ignored by TTG after stating my preferences for point&click

Actually, it's just because they don't like you.

Source: they're not ignoring me.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    That's not something we can easily add, but there are free third party drivers you can use, which our engine is compatible with! I can't remember the thread, but it has been discussed on these boards before.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    That's not something we can easily add, but there are free third party drivers you can use, which our engine is compatible with! I can't remember the thread, but it has been discussed on these boards before.

I just had a quick try at it and it's doable if you do the shaders properly. Well, at least it was in this engine. It's not perfect yet and the models are ugly but it works. :O)

Instructions: Click in order to start it. Right mousebutton for entering fullscreen, exit it via ESC. You'll have to drag/click the mouse in the appropriate areas in order to alter the behaviour. Vertical left area bar is for altering the focus, vertical right area bar for eye distance, clicking in the middle switches between two settings (one behind the monitor and one in front) and dragging in the lower horizontal area, rotates the scene. Again by dragging i mean holding the left mousebutton and moving the mouse in the appropriate areas. I did it with red/cyan (left/right eye) because i had such glasses here. I wouldn't mind adding some Sam&Max objects if you give me some. ;O)

-> http://guckmal.lurulu.de/anna.html

@avistew
    *snief* That hurts.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    While those basically work, the inventory is far off, which is annoying. Having those officially supported should fix details like this.

But we don't even get season one wide screen officially supported. Also that basically works with some glitches which could be fixed.
  • edited April 2010
    Grrr, the anaglyph site keeps crashing on me!
  • edited April 2010
    If this was addressed to me: Sorry but this was just a small tryout which i only tested on my machine. Maybe i find some time this week to make it more mature. I guess disabling the 4xAA should do the trick for quite some of the weaker cards already.
  • edited April 2010
    uh huh. i dont understand intelligent computer language. stuff like disabling drivers and even installing printers elude me.
  • edited April 2010
    I can't stand "3D" because it just looks like someone is puking vibrating colors into my eyes.
  • edited April 2010
    You don't like 3D?

Well, i have something for you (lmb=accel, rmb=decel, rmb to select the fullscreen menu and also rmb to select the entry, esc to exit fullscreen or get ya mouse cursor back):

http://guckmal.lurulu.de/unlimited.html

and i won't tell you how to activate the anaglyph mode. ;O)
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I can't stand "3D" because it just looks like someone is puking vibrating colors into my eyes.

I have a cousin who had a problem with 3D, and it's probably the weirdest problem I ever hear (You will find some one weirder, I know): She has an scar in the middle of the pupil of one of her eyes. No, really, she can't see to the center of the image with that eye. It's like, if you have a picture in the middle, a flower in the left and another flower in the right, she can see the flowers, but not the picture.

Thanks godness is just one eye with the problem, but I don't wanna know how is watch 3D with that problem
  • edited April 2010
    I just can't focus on anything when everything is appearing in my brain as 2 separate colors at one time, it screws with my eyes.
  • edited April 2010
    I just can't focus on anything when everything is appearing in my brain as 2 separate colors at one time, it screws with my eyes.

So it screw with your eyes while puking in them? I guess these glasses are really for protection after all!
  • edited April 2010
    I think the term your looking for is "anaglyphic 3D" - that's the one with the red and green/blue filter glasses.

I don't think you'd have problems with shutter and/or polarization filter glasses 3D - but yeah, those red/green glasses give me a blinking image and I can't look through them for any stretch of time either...
  • edited April 2010
    I haven't seen a technique yet, beside of the reality, which doesn't cause headaches after some time, maybe it be anaglyph, polarised filters, shutter glasses, 3d monitors, head mounted displays. Still it's fun using it from time to time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.