New Logo Shape

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
So, a Penal Zone logo has shown up in the My Games page.

It is a diamond, not a police badge.

Does it look cool? Is it a crime against humanity? Does it fill you with ecstasy, or a blinding, homicidal rage?

Discuss.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    It's mighty..tiny.
    Otherwise cool, from what I can see of it.
  • edited April 2010
    Isn't it supposed to be shaped like the portal to the Penal Zone?
  • edited April 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Isn't it supposed to be shaped like the portal to the Penal Zone?

I will WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP POTTY MOUTH!!!
  • edited April 2010
    can someone post it :) ive preordered the ps3 version but it's always fun to imagine what it would have looked like next to the other S&M icons:)
  • edited April 2010
    Well, sure is small:

samandmax-301_icon.png
  • edited April 2010
    It's not the full size, They're always 256x246 or something like that.
  • edited April 2010
    Argyle!
    Surely it means that Yare has won the fight. 'nuff said.
  • edited April 2010
    It shall break up the flow of the Sam & Max section of my desktop. It must die. Oh wait, it's an icon. Well, if Satan can hire sentient bacteria in Hell, he can hire an icon.
  • edited April 2010
    when I first read the title for this thread I thought it was "new LEGO shape"
    I was all "what the WHAT?"
  • edited April 2010
    Repeating myself:
    I have to say though, the pic isn't as clear as all previous icons used.
    Skun'Kape is *far* too small. It's that I know that's him, but I suspect someone who doesn't know wouldn't be able to recognise what's being depicted.
    It's not the full size, They're always 256x246 or something like that.
    Season 2 pic is 96x96, so only twice that size. Not sure that's enough.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    It is a diamond, not a police badge.
    [...]
    Does it fill you with ecstasy, or a blinding, homicidal rage?

I'd call it a rhombus, or maybe a parallelogram. It fills me with ambivalence.
    Well, sure is small:

That's what she said!
    It's not the full size

That's what HE said! :D
  • edited April 2010
    If you remove the 'icon' part from the image's filename, you get this:
    samandmax-301.png
    I don't know if that helps.
  • edited April 2010
    Oh wow, that's loads better. Thanks!
  • edited April 2010
    Cant wait to see Skunkape, he looks like such a cool character.... I have been avoiding spoilers so I do not know if he is going to be the heavy or just a minor villain.
  • edited April 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    samandmax-301.png

While that looks pretty good, they should have gone with something more horizontal (either the same diamond shape on its side, or a police badge for old time's sake) for the thumbnail icons. They also should have cropped it a lot tighter to the character's face.
  • edited April 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    samandmax-301.png

Skun'kape image is okay, but the diamond doesn't exactly remind me that this is Sam & Max.
  • edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Skun'kape image is okay, but the diamond doesn't exactly remind me that this is Sam & Max.

It kinda reinforces the Twilight Zone vibe though...but it does kind of make me wish they were changing the icons every season.
  • edited April 2010
    I think it's going along with the idea that this season is supposed to feel like it's own new season.
  • edited April 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I think it's going along with the idea that this season is supposed to feel like it's own new season.

Does kinda feel like they're going for a halfway reboot for the series with all the talk of making it accessible for the (newer) console audience.
  • edited April 2010
    You guys really, really, really need the new episode to come out =)
  • edited April 2010
    Ripcord wrote: »
    You guys really, really, really need the new episode to come out =)

Don't worry, less than a week to go now :) Soon we'll only have complains about how it's too short and there was a bug if you try to use the electric razor with the pool of goo 5 times in a row.
  • edited April 2010
    Hopefully this will happen before the fact that I can no longer read every post in every Sam & Max related subforum drives me insane.

I'm joking, but that orange clipboard is a bit irritating. And one of the thread titles might be a spoiler...
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, I'm not even looking at the titles that show in "newest post" for the hint forum. I keep worrying I'll forget and accidentally read it.
    Just double-click on the orange clipboard to "turn it off", by the way.
  • edited April 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    They also should have cropped it a lot tighter to the character's face.
    Agreed.
    While it does look clear so big, as I said before it's not at all at the smaller image, and I doubt the icon on the desktop is as big as the image just posted (235px × 235px).
  • edited April 2010
    I like the version with the space circle around it. if that's not the default icon, i'm gonna MAKE it the icon.
  • edited April 2010
    I like the version with the space circle around it. if that's not the default icon, i'm gonna MAKE it the icon.

Good for you, and while your doing that make me a poster with Sam as a psychic master instead of the Lagomorph.
  • edited April 2010
    Sam's not a lagomorph, he's a carnivoran.

Yeah, I know what you meant.
  • edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Good for you, and while your doing that make me a poster with Sam as a psychic master instead of the Lagomorph.

Um, i can't do that, because im crap at photoshop. i just take an image and put it in Sib Icon Editor.
  • edited April 2010
    This thread now makes no sense as the Icons have changed :p
  • edited April 2010
    You know, I'm surprised they didn't use the picture frames from the season trailer, considering the Night Gallery-ish nature. Perhaps they wanted to focus on the theme for each episode individually, though.
  • edited April 2010
    I liked the diamond one...
  • edited April 2010
    So apparently there are different icons for the installer .exe files and the actual game startup icons now.

In the case of The Devil's Playhouse, the installer icon is a diamond, containing concept art of a character, when it's displayed at rather small sizes, but in cases where Windows needs a somewhat larger icon, the diamond is set against a circular backdrop of stars. (This is the icon that used to be on the My Games page.)

The game icon itself is the circle of stars, with the character concept art placed within it: the diamond is very small and also set within the starry background, next to the character's (in this case, Skunkape's) head. (This is the icon currently on the My Games page.)
  • edited April 2010
    It's nice... but still too little Skunkape.
    It's that I know it's him...

EDIT:
    As for the new post above, it only seems the diamond is used for un-install to me, nowhere else.
  • edited April 2010
    EDIT:
    As for the new post above, it only seems the diamond is used for un-install to me, nowhere else.
    Scale down the icons in your Downloads folder (or wherever) to as small as possible. You can see it then.

(Also, the installer showed up with the diamond icon in the Firefox download queue, at least for me. That, too, has relatively small icons.)
  • edited April 2010
    Nope, like I said, just the uninstaller (which does get a black circle around it if I increase the size of the icons).

And the 'download' itself is just a generic program icon for me, no unique sam and max one :(.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.