Monkey Island Episode 1: Mouse not working?

edited April 2010 in Game Support
Ok, so I just got around to installing a copy of ToMI on my computer and have discovered that movement is not working properly! I am clicking, but Guybrush just does not move at all! Please Advise.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    The game is not point and click.
    You can use wasd, the arrow-keys or the numpad to move around.
    Or you can use click & Drag. Click left and drag the mouse in the direction you want Guybrush to walk in.
  • edited April 2010
    I have the same problem as Totokan. :)

Cheers!
  • edited April 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    The game is not point and click.
    You can use wasd, the arrow-keys or the numpad to move around.
    Or you can use click & Drag. Click left and drag the mouse in the direction you want Guybrush to walk in.
    That would explain it. Is there any way to switch the control style to point and click? It seems that, when making a point and click game, you would at least include the ability to point and click... Furthermore, do all current telltale games utilize this system? Will the upcoming Sam & Max series be doing this as well?
  • edited April 2010
    totokan wrote: »
    That would explain it.
    indeed
    Is there any way to switch the control style to point and click?
    Not if the autohotkey script in the W&G-Forums does not work with Monkey Island
    It seems that, when making a point and click game, you would at least include the ability to point and click...
    It's an Adventure. Not a point & click game At least you can use the Mouse to navigate and interact with stuff you see on the screen/in the inventory. EMI also was not Point and click.
    Furthermore, do all current telltale games utilize this system?
    Yes all games since Wallace & Grommit (W&G) do. And I am quite happy about that.
    Will the upcoming Sam & Max series be doing this as well?
    Yes it will. I don't know if it will be exactely the same but it will certainly be a version of it. And there will be no point & click movement unless the autohotkey script for wallace & Grommit works with Sam & Max Season 3.

script for wallace & Grommit:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8382
This discussion has been closed.