need help meeting system requirements

edited April 2010 in Game Support
I really want to get the New Sam & Max Season, but I'm not sure exactly what I need.
My processor is an Intel Celeron GPU 2.66 GHz
im getting a 256 MB graphics card, but I'm kind of on a budget.
Do I need a new processor for this game to run smoothly, and what graphics card should I get?
My computer is an eMachines T2862.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    PC System Requirements:
    Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
    Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
    Memory: 1GB
    Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device
    Video: 128MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)
    DirectX�: Version 9.0c or better

If you can run Season Two, then you can probably run this.
  • edited April 2010
    If you run tales of monkey island, you should run this.

My computer should run this and it has lower specs than yours. Be happy, your will run it just fine ^^!
  • edited April 2010
    It won't be as pretty as it could be, but you can still run it, and that's all that's really important.

Like what was stated earlier, if you can run Tales of Monkey Island, you can run Sam & Max.
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    If you run tales of monkey island, you should run this.

My computer should run this and it has lower specs than yours. Be happy, your will run it just fine ^^!

Monkey Island is probably the best benchmark, even my netbook can run Season 2 at a fairly decent quality.

Honestly, you may want to install some extra memory if you still only have the stock amount, especially since SDRAM DDR can be found for around $20/GB. Telltale games have an odd habit of arbitrarily having an exorbitant memory draw.
  • edited April 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Monkey Island is probably the best benchmark, even my netbook can run Season 2 at a fairly decent quality.

Honestly, you may want to install some extra memory if you still only have the stock amount, especially since SDRAM DDR can be found for around $20/GB. Telltale games have an odd habit of arbitrarily having an exorbitant memory draw.

I downloaded the Demo, all I can see in the menus is black screen, and I can barely read the text. The demo skips horribly.... But I found a new graphics card I can use.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2010
    First: Make sure you have the latest drivers...
    Then reduce the game resolution AND the video quality to the minimum.
    If you still have problems running it, then you're probably out of luck.
  • edited April 2010
    Make sure you have the current service packs for windows also.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    comitob wrote: »
    I downloaded the Demo, all I can see in the menus is black screen, and I can barely read the text. The demo skips horribly.... But I found a new graphics card I can use.

Yes, that's probably because of the intel graphics chip.

What graphics card do you consider to buy?

From what i have read your Mainboard has only PCI slots, which disables you to install "good" graphics cards. I haven't seen benchmarks of the currently available PCI cards though, so i can't estimate how well the games will run.
  • edited April 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Yes, that's probably because of the intel graphics chip.

What graphics card do you consider to buy?

From what i have read your Mainboard has only PCI slots, which disables you to install "good" graphics cards. I haven't seen benchmarks of the currently available PCI cards though, so i can't estimate how well the games will run.

PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 PCI Graphics adapter - 256 MB - DDR SDRAM
    Is this a good one to use?:confused:
  • edited April 2010
    Ok, now I cant run tales(to those paying attention yes it was the stupid exe crap) Would it be possible to run the new season?
  • edited April 2010
    comitob wrote: »
    PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 PCI Graphics adapter - 256 MB - DDR SDRAM
    Is this a good one to use?:confused:
    Ugh. No.

First of all, the Geforce FX series is ancient. Second, they weren't even very good. And third - PCI? Doesn't your PC have at least an AGP port?

If you've got an AGP port, do yourself a favour and get a card with an ATI 4650; on my local price comparison site it costs 10 to 15€ more than your Geforce FX 5200, but it's so much better at playing games...
  • edited April 2010
    iT'S threads like these that make me wish I didn't stop building my own computers.
  • edited April 2010
    3 questions,
    Is 1.6 ghz good enough or do I need 2.0 ghz

Also I have a Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family video card, can that play it.
    And if everything I run says an exe error occured will that happen here.
    EDIT: strike that another question. How do I load up the sound and all the other specs.
This discussion has been closed.