New Front Page Feedback

edited April 2010 in Site Support
The new front page has suddenly made the site very obtrusive. I used to be able to enter the front page and see if there were any new blog posts in the lower right. Now, that box is missing.

Also, the addition of auto-playing embedded videos makes me no longer to visit the main page at all! I guess I can update my bookmark to go straight to the Blogs page to skip all of this, but I would think that you would want to revert the main page back to something that is more useful and less repellent than the current one.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Derwin wrote: »
    The new front page has suddenly made the site very obtrusive. I used to be able to enter the front page and see if there were any new blog posts in the lower right. Now, that box is missing.

Also, the addition of auto-playing embedded videos makes me no longer to visit the main page at all! I guess I can update my bookmark to go straight to the Blogs page to skip all of this, but I would think that you would want to revert the main page back to something that is more useful and less repellent than the current one.

Yeah I really wasnt a fan of the new page either, not because of the video(you can hit pause) bot because I cant check blogs. I have to hit the blog button just to check for any new posts.
  • edited April 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah I really wasnt a fan of the new page either, not because of the video(you can hit pause) bot because I cant check blogs. I have to hit the blog button just to check for any new posts.

Does feel a bit empty and bare bones at the moment...
  • edited April 2010
    I like the overall look of the new front page... but, I can't stand the autoplay videos. This is a MAJOR faux-pas in my opinion. Most decent websites that have videos playing on the front page have an obvious way of disabling the autoplay feature. If a "disable autoplay" button could be added I would be fine with everything else.
  • edited April 2010
    I agree with the criticism regarding the front page. I also liked the fact that you could easily see if there are new blog posts in the old page.
This discussion has been closed.