TOMI 1 crashes at the intro (and take minutes to even start)

edited April 2010 in Game Support
Hey guys, im having a problem here, i just bought the tomi chapters, and when i launch the first chapter it takes me some minutes to start the game and get to the menu.
Then when i try to start a new game, as soon as i see the "Deep in the carribean" phrase the game crashes.

Im getting realy sad about this, this computer i am in is my brothers because my computer is weaker and also crashes but as soon as i click the "launch game" button.

Please if anyone could help me i would be very grateful!
Thanks for any help!

Edit:
Heres the error informations, dont care about the language, its portuguese but i hope it wont make it harder to undestand.

Assinatura do problema:
Nome do Evento de Problema: APPCRASH
Nome do Aplicativo: MonkeyIsland101.exe
Versão do Aplicativo: 2009.7.6.29796
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 4a52df42
Nome do Módulo de Falhas: igdumd32.dll
Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 8.15.10.1749
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 4a5be0d2
Código de Exceção: c0000005
Deslocamento de Exceção: 00004f25
Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Identificação da Localidade: 1046
Informações Adicionais 1: 0fa0
Informações Adicionais 2: 0fa06017847e1926a4f056547b6322c4
Informações Adicionais 3: 2db9
Informações Adicionais 4: 2db9a9f5dc69399ef2f101f52be62dc6

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Huh. Interesting that the text file is mostly in english, but your cut and pasting is Portuguese. ANYWAY, you have an intel onboard video card, which are unfortunately problematic when it comes to playing games. There are a couple of things we can try though.

1) Update your drivers. Your drivers seem fairly recent, but given that they are win7 64bit, they've probably gone through 20 revisions since then. Certainly couldn't hurt to try.

2) Update directx. Always a good idea. Always.

3) When you get in the menu, try turning your graphics quality down as low as it can go, play in full screen, and try reducing your resolution a bit.

Hopefully between the three of them, you can get the game to a playable state.
  • edited April 2010
    I've got an intel 945 integrated graphics under Wndows XP. It takes about 2 min to start ToMI, then I have to set graphics quality to 1 (lowest), the game will then be playable, though it feels a bit laggy, but still acceptable. Afaict the main problem is that the intel drivers are doing Shader 3.0 stuff mostly in software, the older intel chipsets can't do it in hardware. Is there any chance, that Telltale will develop some fallback?
  • edited April 2010
    Hey Will, thanks for the help.
    I tried every thing you told me but unfortunately it didnt help me ):
    Intel tells me that my drivers are all ok and i did update the DX.
    I tried setting all graphics too lowest and full screen... didnt help too
    I realy need more help, please guys help me ):
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Frost wrote: »
    Intel tells me that my drivers are all ok and i did update the DX.
    That's odd. Looking manually let me find a slightly newer graphics driver. Try installing it.

Also try updating to the latest Realtek HDA Driver for Audio.
This discussion has been closed.