Thank you Telltale for a great game!

edited January 2007 in Sam & Max
Hi,

What can I say, the game speaks for it self :) First I thought that I give Sam & Max: Culture Shock a try, in a form of demo. Just to see how it has come out, considering the Sam & Max Hit The Road. And it was even better than I could imagine, so then the next logical step was to buy the whole season. There where times when I had to explain my self to other residents for laughing my *ss of, but that is just a good thing.

Script is suberb, so is voice acting, characters, animation, you name it. Everything just works, and it is fun and intuitive to play.

It must have been a great effort to bring Sam & Max alive again, first being cancelled two times. So, I want to thank all of Telltale Games, everyone who has been involved with getting this game done in a one way or another. Thank you for making games fun again.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Just finished after having purchased this weekend. I completely agree with the sentiment expressed in the post above. This game is a delight!

I was crushed when I read that Lucas Arts Studios was closed down and killed their projects Sam & Max 2, Full Throttle 2, and there were 1 or 2 others projects rumored to be fan anticipated games in the works. But Telltale is quite possibly the only other developer besides Valve that I feel confident in rating their games 10 out of 10 to my friends. After having played this I'm making Bone 1 & 2 a gift for my brother. Great deal at $19.99. I'm hopeing it will entice him to buy Sam & Max Chap 1.

I'm curious. Does anyone know what the skill level on Sam & Max is? I saw that Ankh was a 4 of 6. I'd like to judge how S & M was in comparison. Shame they don't give an average play time for Ankh. I purchased Bone based on the writing in S & M. Not cretin if Ankh is 2X as long as an episode of Bone or S & M or 3X as long. Ankh looks tasty, but not cretin on some aspects. It also seems to not have a forum section here.
  • MelMel
    edited December 2006
    Roft wrote: »
    Not cretin if Ankh is 2X as long as an episode of Bone or S & M or 3X as long. Ankh looks tasty, but not cretin on some aspects. It also seems to not have a forum section here.

You can look at this forum for the 3rd party games:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

I enjoyed Ankh a lot. I've heard game playing times of around 8 hours (fast gamers may take 6ish). I'm not a good judge on game difficulty either. I had to look at hints quite a bit (but I'm an impatient gamer :p ).

Here's a review for Ankh:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,611

I'm not sure what you mean by cretin?
  • edited December 2006
    Thanks for the info Mel! I purchased it based on that info. Watched the intro and was throughly impressed. Looking forward to finding some time to play through it!

Cretin = certain. I really should pay attention more when I type ^ ~
  • edited January 2007
    Just wanted to say thank you as well. I downloaded it before but had trouble with my graphics card. My boyfriend got a new computer today and I was able to play it and have just finished it! HOORAY! It's 2.30 am here so better go to bed now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.