How do I start the Demo of S&M3?

edited April 2010 in Game Support
The only option I have when launching the demo is to buy the game, not much of a demo is it? :D

OSX version btw.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Are you logged in with a telltale account? Unfortunately there is a bug right now where if you are logged in but don't own the game, the demo button is missing. When in the wrapper, could you hit cmd-shift-plus, then click yes. Then hit cmd-shift-minus, and click yes again. Then close and reopen the wrapper. This time DON'T sign in. You should have the demo available.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks, that worked great.
  • edited April 2010
    It runs really slow compared to TOMI on my 9400m macbook, is this normal?
    edited April 2010
    Doesn't surprise me all that much I'm afraid. The graphics in this game are significantly more complicated than they were for ToMI.
  • edited April 2010
    Cheers for the help. But when I say slow I'm talk 5-10 fps, so really slow.
    edited April 2010
    First thing to suggest is turning down your graphics quality and resolution size, and make sure you have nothing running in the background.
  • I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro with Boot Camp, and there is a HUGE difference between how the demo runs on Windows 7 vs. Leopard. In Windows, my laptop handles the demo like a champ on the highest resolution and graphic settings. There could be some lag, but it's barely noticeable and easily removed by knocking the graphics down a notch or two. Leopard is a whole different story... The demo is practically UNPLAYABLE without hitting bottom resolution and graphics quality.

Is the full episode different than the demo? Will the Mac version be fixed later?
  • edited April 2010
    Is the full episode different than the demo?

The demo IS the full version if you bought the game.
  • No, I'm talking about the demo.
  • edited April 2010
    No, I'm talking about the demo.

me too. The Demo is the full Episode with limited content available. If you buy the game it will unlock the rest of it without any further download.
  • Oh, I see what you're saying. I got confused by the word "if." I was thinking, "IF I BUY the game, of course it's the full version, because that's what I paid for!" But what you meant is that the demo BECOMES the full unlocked version after you buy it. Gotcha.
  • edited April 2010
    Sorry for not making this clear. I knew what I meant but did not consider that others might not.

but in short: the full game will not perform any different then the demo did.
  • Bummer. :(
This discussion has been closed.