Game stopping bug at the beginning of the game.

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Figures, not twenty minutes into the new game, and I run into a game stopping bug:

It's right at the beginning after the tutorial, but I'll keep it as spoiler free as possible.

I clicked on the Desoto and talked to the COPS. After that, I tried talking to someone else, but the game acted as if I was still focused on the car with the back button in the lower left corner. Sam and Max weren't where they were supposed to, so when the camera was supposed to be on them, there was just an empty background. whenever I clicked the back button, the camera would reset to the Desoto, but the button would still be there. I also found that I couldn't move around and I couldn't bring up the menu to reload a save game. I had to exit the game and restart to continue.

I hope I'm the only one who's run into this problem.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    You're not the only one. I have it too =(
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Looking into it. Sorry guys!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Have you guys been able to get through this at all? Did you have to restart from the beginning or were you able to load an autosave?
  • edited April 2010
    Autosave worked for me.
  • edited April 2010
    I could reload an autosave, so no worries. I ended up playing through the rest of the game with only minor cosmetic errors. Sam would often glitch in his animation of adjusting his tie. It may be related to me using an Xbox controller.

Great game regardless.
  • edited April 2010
    I also had this problem, but I somehow was able to get past it by clicking on some things in the car, then exiting from it again. Chances are you can probably also get around it by choosing to travel to Mama Bosco's.

-HM
Sign in to comment in this discussion.