My PC can't handle The Penal Zone!

edited April 2010 in Game Support
So when trying to play the 301 on my pc, even on the lowest resolution and graphics setting I am getting game breaking slowdown and the video and audio are out of sync. Does this mean I'm screwed trying to play it on my pc?

I also created a dxdiag file of the computer's specs.

I just want to know if there's any way I can get my PC up to a good enough standard to play the game smoothly.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Detective wrote: »
    I just want to know if there's any way I can get my PC up to a good enough standard to play the game smoothly.
    Card name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

You have a slow integrated graphics chip. Buying a graphics card should solve the problem.
    According to the specs you should be able to install a PCIe x16 graphics card.
  • edited April 2010
    Oh, so all I need to do is find a better graphics card? If so that's great!

Just to be sure, I was comparing the specs of the PC to the requirements you have listed on the Devil's Playhouse page. While the page says you need a processor that can at least run at 2.0 GHz, mine only runs at 1.8 GHz. It also recommends at least 1 GB of memory but the PC I'm using only has 2704MB available.

So, even despite this, as long as I get a suitable graphics card, I should be able to play the game fine?
  • edited April 2010
    Oh, so all I need to do is find a better graphics card? If so that's great!

Just to be sure, I was comparing the specs of the PC to the requirements you have listed on the Devil's Playhouse page. While the page says you need a processor that can at least run at 2.0 GHz, mine only runs at 1.8 GHz. It also recommends at least 1 GB of memory but the PC I'm using only has 2704MB available.

So, even despite this, as long as I get a suitable graphics card, I should be able to play the game fine?

1000 MB of RAM actually equals 1 GB. So you actually have 2.7 GB of RAM, enough to run the game just fine.

I would search www.newegg.com for some nvidia geforce video cards. If you're just going to be playing sam & max, I'd go for a cheap card like the 9600 GT. Usually goes for less than 100 dollars. If you want a higher-end card for playing games like Team Fortress 2, Fallout 3, or Modern Warfare 2, I'd recommend getting something along the lines of a 9800 GTX or a GTX 250.

What more, your processor is will run the game fine. Mine is worse than yours and it does just fine.
  • edited April 2010
    Alright, thank you guys so much!

I guess I'll save up for a new video card then. In the meantime I guess I'll just go on and purchase the PS3 version until I can afford a new graphics card.
  • edited April 2010
    Alright, thank you guys so much!

I guess I'll save up for a new video card then. In the meantime I guess I'll just go on and purchase the PS3 version until I can afford a new graphics card.

The PS3 version is superior anyway!

1. Bigger screen makes it harder to notice the film grain
    2. Controls are easier to use and more efficient
    3. Graphics play at "max" (teehee) settings

Although you do lose some references to hit the road... oh well. :(
  • edited April 2010
    elzbenz wrote: »
    1. Bigger screen makes it harder to notice the film grain
    On the contrary - bigger screen means bigger pixels means bigger grains.
    2. Controls are easier to use and more efficient
    Plug a gamepad into the PC and you've got the exact same controls.
    3. Graphics play at "max" (teehee) settings
    Same on my PC - that totally depends on the graphics card. And, of course, you don't get a DVD at the end of the season...
  • edited April 2010
    Edit
This discussion has been closed.