Well that was over fast

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
And its done.... Seemed a little shorter than other chapters to me...

Oh well.... Anyway was still nice, like the new mechanics, just wished we could have used the other powers more... made the puzzles a litle too reliable on the first two.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    well, it's the only chapter :P
  • edited April 2010
    short ?, did you do everything talk to everybody.

it took me from release time here 21.00 to now 02:26. 5½hours thats pretty amazing.
  • edited April 2010
    Took me 5 hours too. And I did get stuck like three times. But I didn't get frustrated since the game is actually pretty awesome!
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah it seemed pretty long actually for a first episode. Anyway, great, hilarious game! <3
  • edited April 2010
    I dont want to start a flame war or anything, but at least for me, The penal zone is better than any episode in season 1. Well, except for Moon. I love closuere, and on that level, whoo boy!

But, that did take me a while to complete, I got stuck at one part for a while but This is one of the few TT games I didnt need a guide for. Look at me with the huge brain!
  • edited April 2010
    Yes, it lasted long. Yes, it was easy.
  • edited April 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    short ?, did you do everything talk to everybody.

it took me from release time here 21.00 to now 02:26. 5½hours thats pretty amazing.

Yea i talked to everyone, did everythign there was to be done. Even used max Future Vision on pretty much everything.

But I went through the puzzles pretty quick, didn't get stuck not even once, the future vision helps a lot, maybe too much... But it probably felt shorter because there weren't many things to examine. Sure they made the scenarios more detailed but compared to the Stinky's season 2 where you could use more than 5 minutes just checkin the decoration and you had the C.O.P.S puzzle to add a little more time, this was over too quick... Well ths my opinion at least.
  • edited April 2010
    I really loved it! I think it's the best episode (of all the Sam & Max seasons)so far (IMO).
    They have put in so many details, and the new lighting is wonderful.
    Really looking forward to the next episode! :D
  • edited April 2010
    Yes, it lasted long. Yes, it was easy.
    That's what SHE said!
  • edited April 2010
    Lasted me about 5 hours, I wasn't timing.

I really liked it, and some of the puzzles were really good. The goggles were pretty much a hint system though, but without them some of the puzzles would make no sense.

I'm hoping it gets a little harder in the next few episodes, but if TOMI is anything to go off, there's nothing to worry about.

The random TOMI reference was pretty cool.

I give it a 8/10! It was very good and it was a good purchase in my book.
  • edited April 2010
    I just finished the episode also at around 5 hours. Haha, I think this is the longest Telltale episode I'd ever played, actually.
  • edited April 2010
    Future Vision helps a lot a lot. Really. But the last puzzle I was thinking with in the wrong way
    I was trying to use Molemen's Sweat. Only. Now, I have no idea if the moleman thingie actually is needed, but hey, Molemen's Sweat is enough unholy for me!

I was playing without the mouse, so, I need the mouse to check correctly the enviroments. And they need to put a button for see the Opening Credits after you are done. I love the humor in the Tutorial (Not really as a Tutorial, but it was funny enough to not complain) but it's grow tiresome if I only want to see the Opening Cinematics. Or just somebody please post it on youtube.
  • edited April 2010
    My god that was amazing. I finished in...4 and a half hours, I think. Seriously! The twists, the turns, the
    mention of Sam possibly wanting a relationship
    had me tingling like a prom queen!
    And using the teleporting power for the first time was nightmare fuel, thanks a lot Telltale >:I
  • edited April 2010
    Actually it did feel kind of short to me, but I think part of that was that the puzzles were all at least fairly easy (and since I'm fairly horrible at puzzles this might be baby soft in the puzzle department for a pro) and logical. Finished in under four hours, an extra hour and a half for 100% on the trophies/speed run.

(for reference, I remember What's New Beelzebub? taking upwards of 6 hours for me)

Also, Telltale I love you for the glimpse into Max's wonderful mind. (Skeletor Max ftw!)

Edit: Also, just out of curiousity, but anyone playing the PS3 version notice what seemed like a memory leak problem?
  • edited April 2010
    I didn't think it felt short, although I did feel like the pacing was altogether kind of wonky. Not too bad, though.
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe its the semi-repeated bit, I dunno. Something made it feel abbreviated. That or I'm just overly excited to have more Sam & Max.
  • edited April 2010
    lengthwise i think it was just fine for an episode, at least it didn't feel like the 2 clearcut puzzles you had to solve in earlier eps but more like a complete chain of events! Best episode yet!
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah i like how for the first time the puzzle didn seem like, get 3 of those items or that the game had 3 puzzles and then the end. It felt very random and such :) very cool.

for some reason, either because it was dead late or i was just dead tired, i found Skelletor Max quite disturbing, wasnt quite expecting that ^^
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Future Vision helps a lot a lot. Really. But the last puzzle I was thinking with in the wrong way
    I was trying to use Molemen's Sweat. Only. Now, I have no idea if the moleman thingie actually is needed, but hey, Molemen's Sweat is enough unholy for me!
    Oh, same here. Semi-spoilerish alert...
    Due to the "water" (is it really sweet? 0_0) and the future vision on Sam I figured you had to use some mechanical toy to use on the water, electrocuting it and Skun-Ka'pe (and the moleman in the progress). So first I thought was Pings mechanical dog thingie from the begin...
    That idea got pretty much squashed though by not being able to leave the area, which saved me a lot of time trying to execute it fruitlessly :D.
  • edited April 2010
    Steam says I played this for 5 hours the first time. That's the longest first time playtime for any TTG-Episode so far and I was not really stuck for long.
  • edited April 2010
    Well, I got stuck on getting the homing beacon from Grandpa Stinky (I simply hadn't realized that Max would
    stay on the counter after leaving the conversation
    since I had always asked a follow-up question). In fact I got stuck so bad there that I had to look at a walkthrough.

But well, stuff like that happens in an adventure game and it's nothing I can or want to blame TTG for.

Play time was about 4 to 5 hours for me the first time around which I think is great for one episode. I just wish we could get even more sidequests like the "nutritious breakfast" task ... I loved having an additional "puzzle" for the second playthrough.
  • edited April 2010
    It wasn't the longest episode of all time but i was fine with the length. Sometimes i'm amazed how quick some people are able to solve the games whilst i wouldn't consider myself beeing dumb or unexperienced with adventures.
  • edited April 2010
    It wasn't the longest episode of all time but i was fine with the length. Sometimes i'm amazed how quick some people are able to solve the games whilst i wouldn't consider myself beeing dumb or unexperienced with adventures.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.