Why was it possible to ...? (SPOILERS!!!!)

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Spoilers ahead!!

I did not get why it was possible to plug in the toy chest near the end, it did not seem to have any use for the storyline. I thought it would zap the mole guys for sure when making them sweat. Since it was not possible to undo it i could not check what would happen if i would not have plugged it in.

If it was a red herring i'd like telltale to put in more of those to throw players off track, it would have been cool to see sam and max get disintegrated by the spaceships laserbeams as well (and get some spacequest-esque death screen before resetting before the event) :)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Plugging it in was one of the first things I did, so I don't know for sure, but I think plugging it into the toybox is needed to get enough power to use the dimensional thing that I can't remember the name of.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, one of the hints if hints are on is 'We need something with enough unholy power to return power to out building!'
  • edited April 2010
    Ah yeah the outlet being connected to the box would make sense since bosco's mom mentioned it would need vast amounts of power, but that connection is unclear if you blindly plugged it into the box before setting up the rift generator
  • edited April 2010
    isn't the future vision providing everyone with enough hints allready? :)
  • edited April 2010
    PluX wrote: »
    isn't the future vision providing everyone with enough hints allready? :)

yeah but I had the review build and was rushing for some reason
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, not quite sure why the toybox would provide energy for the building but... whatever.

Wasn't much to click on with half-the-cable in hand, so it worked just clicking everything (and the toybox was my last thought...).
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, not quite sure why the toybox would provide energy for the building but... whatever.

Wasn't much to click on with half-the-cable in hand, so it worked just clicking everything (and the toybox was my last thought...).

Really? Plugging the cable into the toybox was the first thing I tried - I looked at the plug, and saw that it was identical to the happy face looking thing on the box, and thought 'why not?'
  • edited April 2010
    Also, if you interact with the box and talk about the box with the molemen, who worship a powerful box filled with power and controlling that power that is powerful is going to lead to the apocolypse due to so much power powerfully ripping the Universe asunder with all its power, you get a scene where max touches it and the thing glows. With power. Momma Bosco says it'd take an obscene amount of futuristic power cores to run the thing, so you're looking for something far more powerful than amazing future tech.

So: Ancient, Universe-Destroying Magic.
  • edited April 2010
    I just guessed it, but to me it seemed like a silly puzzle.
  • edited April 2010
    I fiddled around with the boiler for ages. Once I gave up on that and noticed the cable, using it on the box was a no-brainer. The only thing that stuck me on that puzzle was wondering what exactly the mole men would and wouldn't let me do, but trial and error got me past that.

Speaking of things the mole men won't let you do, I'm sure everyone noticed this, but I have yet to see a mention of it on here. The cameo of the crowbar from Spinner Cay was great.
  • edited April 2010
    Also, if you interact with the box and talk about the box with the molemen, who worship a powerful box filled with power and controlling that power that is powerful is going to lead to the apocolypse due to so much power powerfully ripping the Universe asunder with all its power, you get a scene where max touches it and the thing glows. With power. Momma Bosco says it'd take an obscene amount of futuristic power cores to run the thing, so you're looking for something far more powerful than amazing future tech.

So: Ancient, Universe-Destroying Magic.

HEHE , true. But too much "power" words.;)
  • edited April 2010
    Talking seriously, I though the Molemen Sweat was unholy enough, so, when I dicovered the plug, I tried to plug it to the ... molemen. After that, the Toybox was the second option.

Anyway, probably the Toybox is the one what's causing the desastibility in the building, combined with the fact Max is the "chosen one" of earth and he was hanging out near to the toybox all the time.
  • edited April 2010
    jolson42 wrote: »
    Really? Plugging the cable into the toybox was the first thing I tried - I looked at the plug, and saw that it was identical to the happy face looking thing on the box, and thought 'why not?'
    Yup. Like GinnyN above, my first thought was using moleman sweat and electrocute them (if you read some of my other posts, yeah, I was really in a "Electrocute the moleman" for each and every puzzle there :p) and that generated the needed additional power for the building.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, I was a wee bit confuzzled by it all. My other gripe with that scene is that when Skunkape was hanging on for dear life a change of music would've been nice.

It's hardly a deal-breaker, but just a thought
  • edited April 2010
    I only got that one by randomly clicking things. It didn't occur to me that the end Sam was holding connected to the building- I thought it was the other way around.
  • edited April 2010
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I only got that one by randomly clicking things. It didn't occur to me that the end Sam was holding connected to the building- I thought it was the other way around.
    That's what I thought too. I thought I had to connect the end he was holding to the device or maybe even just get rid of it. I only solved it by using Future Vision.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.