graphics quality SaM S3

edited April 2010 in Game Support
This isn't really a support question, but a suggestion
I don't know where else to put this.
I'd like to have more control about the graphics options.
The game runs smooth like butter uo to quality 6. But at 7 it starts bucking. especially in big areas.
It still looks good on quality level 7 but the advances lightning and "out of focus blur" is much too good not to be able to keep it in sacrifice of some other graphics effects.
I was a bit confused about this, because I didn't have that problem with tales of monkey island and wallace and gromit. (also I'm able to play games like bioshock 2 or dead space...)

however, I really loved the new episode. I've really missed the series.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I have the same problem.

In my case, the slowdown isn't coming from the advanced lighting or depth of field effects, it's coming from the antialiasing that's automatically turned on at higher levels of graphics quality.

After manually disabling antialiasing in my graphics drivers, the framerate improved dramatically.
  • edited April 2010
    Ya, it seems anything above 6 is not really optimized all that well.
  • edited April 2010
    Or just enables GPU-intense features (like Realtime Lightning).
  • edited April 2010
    vocab wrote: »
    Ya, it seems anything above 6 is not really optimized all that well.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure it's optimized all right - but just for high-end cards, since it makes plenty use of high-end features (real-time shadows, per-pixel lighting, fancy pixel shaders etc.).
  • edited April 2010
    I just tried turning them off by disabling them in my graphic drivers.
    Didn't really help
    It still would be nice to have that option in the game.
  • edited April 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    Oh, I'm pretty sure it's optimized all right - but just for high-end cards, since it makes plenty use of high-end features (real-time shadows, per-pixel lighting, fancy pixel shaders etc.).

Not true. My HD5850 drops frames on angle changes. It's 60 fps all the way through though.
This discussion has been closed.