Darker, More Sexual Season

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I forget how many time the characters (mainly Sam & Max) laughed at the name "Penal Zone", and those
skeletons during the first teleport and at the end
were just plain creepy. All in all, I reckon this is going to be one of my favourite telltale games, but i can also tell that it will be laden with darker humour than any of the games we've seen before. Much more like the comics!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    The title of the thread sounded really creepy when I read it in my mind.
  • edited April 2010
    this season is definitely much more ... dirty.
  • edited April 2010
    Definitely a lot of intended dirty puns in this one. to do with Penal zone, most implying various characters to be around Skunkape's crotch
  • edited April 2010
    ToMI had loads of sex-references as well, so it's not that surprising to see them appear here.

I blame Avistew...
  • edited April 2010
    I'm just glad it isn't as bluntly lewd as What's New, Beelzebub?. By comparison The Penal Zone deals more in a kind of gutter humor better suited to Sam & Max.
  • edited April 2010
    I blame Avistew...

Seconded.
  • edited April 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    I'm just glad it isn't as bluntly lewd as What's New, Beelzebub?. By comparison The Penal Zone deals more in a kind of gutter humor better suited to Sam & Max.
    I'm just upset that it isn't more bluntly lewd than What's New, Beelzebub?
  • edited April 2010
    I've also noticed the fourth wall is gone again, which is great. :D Seasons 1 and 2 had a completely solid fourth wall, which was at odds with the cartoon and Hit the Road. Same with Tales of Monkey Island, which had exactly one fourth wall break ("It's a chest that I can't open in...this episode.") wheras Monkey Islands 1-4 didn't really have much of a fourth wall at all. So I was very happy when Sam and Max said lines such as: "Is that what you were doing in our office last season- I mean, a few months ago?"
  • edited April 2010
    All in all I think this season is going to have me feeling very....

1da77d5d6f711bf7e37ebbabef6fe755.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    I still don't get the naughty part of the title. I blame my first language.
  • edited April 2010
    See my sig.
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I still don't get the naughty part of the title. I blame my first language.
    It sounds like it means "relating to the penis". It doesn't though, that's "penile".
  • edited April 2010
    Teeth wrote: »
    I've also noticed the fourth wall is gone again, which is great. :D Seasons 1 and 2 had a completely solid fourth wall, which was at odds with the cartoon and Hit the Road.
    Well there is the start of Night of the Raving Dead where Max says "No, do that thing with the {can't remember this word} and the music and all that!", Sam agrees, snaps his fingers and the title sequence starts. But yeah.
    I think there were actually too many fourth wall breaks in this episode though. While it's a good thing to occasionally break it, it's also supposed to stay mostly intact. It felt like they along much faster than in Hit the Road, the comics or even most of the cartoon.
  • edited April 2010
    I thought the sexiest part was when Harry Moleman ran around topless. DAMN:D
  • edited April 2010
    I thought the sexiest part was when Harry Moleman ran around topless. DAMN:D

Yeah, I had to take a cold shower after that.
  • edited April 2010
    Personally, I could've done without that closeup on his underpants.
  • edited April 2010
    plain creepy.
    25f680bcfa5b018e712494e4bb8c335d.JPG
Sign in to comment in this discussion.