The douchey nitpicking thread SPOILERS!!

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
The game sucks for these reasons:
  1. Max's head is on fire. This is a bad example for kids, because now they think that setting their heads on fire won't kill them.
  2. Remember that talking monkey from Escape From Monkey Island? General Skunkape is basically a rehash of this character; a primate who talks.
  3. Also, remember Limozeen, from Homestarrunner.com? Skunkape is also a rehash of them because he is from space also.
  4. The pizza place was called Meesta Pizza, which is obviously a misspelling. It's spelled' Mister or Mr. Pizza. This game's obviously isn't spellchecked enough.
  5. It doesn't have enough cowbell. I need more cowbell.
  6. The alien brain makes no sense because aliens don't exist, and therefore should not be in the game.
  7. Momma Bosco is dead. This is disrespectful, Telltale. Respect the dead.
  8. The story sucks because toys are for kids and I'm not a kid.
What other 'flaws' can you guys think of?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    There is no censoring this time. I mean I just clicked on jukebox and that ONE song started to yell like 'SODA'. So now trying to sell your games with lots of swearing, huh Telltale?
  • edited April 2010
    the sky in the game is green. that's just wrong, it should be blue
    http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2005/11/blue-sky-in-games-campaign-launched.html
  • edited April 2010
    wtf dogs and rabbits cant talk
  • edited April 2010
    Seriously, no one complained about the nudity yet?
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, there should have been waaay more nudity! What is this, a kiddie Nintendo game?! We wanna see skin, people, and lots of it!
  • edited April 2010
    There IS nudity, guys..

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1362&stc=1&d=1271437887

How unsexily sexy. I want my money back.
  • edited April 2010
    Psht! And that's enough for you? I want to see Kurt take off that plastic housing nice and slow ... ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

So HOT it may even get on fire!
  • edited April 2010
    Skeletal Sam and Max didn't have vestigial fifth fingers! This game is anatomically incorrect! :mad:

And some things were left unexplained! Who is Stinky's boyfriend! Why didn't the apocalypse happen! Sam never found true love! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And one thing that Sam said sounded like Strong Bad wrote it. I'm boycotting Telltale until they credit the fictional characters who worked on the game. :mad::mad:
  • edited April 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Sam never found true love!
    Yes, he did!

Your own fault for missing it...
  • edited April 2010
    No he didn't! He said "nah"! You're stupid! The game's stupid! This whole camp is stupid! That thing flying at you is stupid! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • edited April 2010
    Grandpa Stinky has a very creepy beard.

THAT IS ALL.
  • edited April 2010
    people with billions of dollars dont go gambling. its a scientific fact.
  • edited April 2010
    Also, The color of the traffic cone in front of the Freelance Police building should've been brighter. Totally ruined the game.
  • edited April 2010
    The douchey nitpicking thread

...Finally! I was waiting for one.
  • edited April 2010
    there were no soda poppers... Sam & max sucks without them
  • edited April 2010
    well i won't argue with one thing.....this was pretty douchey to do. the game was awesome, the lack of logic is what pulls it all together?! and who gives two craps about the soda poppers......unless this was all a joke, in which case :o sorry
  • edited April 2010
    The timer on the anti-matter bomb inside the Penal Zone didn't tick down! It just stayed at the same number the whole time, what kinda sad excuse for a bomb is that?
  • edited April 2010
    caeska, i agree the bomb should have changing numbers.
    But as this is Sam and Max they should just switch randomly
  • edited April 2010
    I had a nitpicking after thinking about it! (THAT nitpik): Chilean nu-Metal bands? Seriously? Why nobody told me? I could search for something!

(They weren't talking about this, right? or this?)
  • edited April 2010
    No he didn't! He said "nah"! You're stupid! The game's stupid! This whole camp is stupid! That thing flying at you is stupid! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Psychonauts!
  • edited April 2010
    I GOT TRAUMATIZED BY THE GUN!! It should have been a walkie-talkie!!!! DONT YOU KNOW SPIELBERG IS GENIOUS THAT IS WHY!! ALSO!!! There was a car that blew up and it made me think of that time I almost saw a car blow up and then I broke down and I cried.
  • edited April 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    Psychonauts!
    Yep!
  • edited April 2010
    No he didn't!
    Yes, he did.

But there should have been a homo-erotical sex scene like Dragon Age. Seriously, who made this game?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I was scandalised by Puddin'-Head Lincoln. Not only is it disrespectful to a U.S. national icon, it displays a complete lack of sensitivity towards people in famine-stricken Niger.

For shame, Telltale. For shame.
    Kroms wrote: »
    I GOT TRAUMATIZED BY THE GUN!! It should have been a walkie-talkie!!!!

*giggle* :D
  • edited April 2010
    We didn't get to see the building above-ground after it was turned into a new dimension! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?!
  • edited April 2010
    Also, after all these graphic improvements I still can't believe they made Sam and Max more like real rabbits or dogs.

Where's the fur, TTG?
  • OMAOMA
    edited April 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    the sky in the game is green. that's just wrong, it should be blue

Wrong. It should be yellow!
    Steve Purcell himself said so once ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    Psychonauts!

Speaking of Psychonauts, this game reminded me of Psychonauts.

ANYWAY, TO NITPICKING!

We never got to find out where Max keeps his gun! And his sock! And Skunkape doesn't even look like a Skunk, so Skunkape is a dumb name!
  • edited April 2010
    And Sam and Max aren't even Molemen! The brain is stupid for believing them! Brains can't be stupid! They're brains!
  • edited April 2010
    Also, Max said that Skun'kape's ship is a good likeness to him, while in reality, the fur color is wrong. I stopped playing right there, knowing that the game is unplayable.
  • edited April 2010
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Speaking of Psychonauts, this game reminded me of Psychonauts.

ANYWAY, TO NITPICKING!

We never got to find out where Max keeps his gun! And his sock!

Well, I'm PRETTY sure it's none of our damn business.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.