Gamepad issue in S&M s3e01

edited April 2010 in Game Support
I can't get my gamepad to work in "The Penal Zone." I have tested it fine in other programs. Some info on my system. I have the Steam version of that matters.

System info:

CPU: Phenom II 965
RAM: 4GB PC2-5300
Motherboard: Asus M4A78-E
Video: Sapphire Radeon HD3870
Sound: Xfi XtremeAudio
Gamepad: Some generic thing I got at Radioshack

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Same problem here. Gamepad works fine in Control Panel, but doesn't do anything in Sam&Max, The Penal Zone. It's a Strike2 from SpeedLink (www.speed-link.com)
  • edited April 2010
    Same here. My gamepad is a Trust Predator
  • edited April 2010
    Me Logitech Rumblepad don't work neither.

I guess it makes the game feel more cinematic if you play it with your keyboard.

Gamepads feel too gamey.

Right, Telltale? ;)

Cheers!
  • edited April 2010
    I have a Logitech Rumblepad it worked just fine for me...
  • edited April 2010
    Do you have Logitech's software installed?

If so, that may be it... I just realised mine isn't installed. I'm running Windows 7 & it works with every other game EXCEPT Sam & Max.

I actually thought it was a compatibility problem, but if yours works, that can't be it.

Cheers!
  • edited April 2010
    yeah I have updated drivers and I am running it on windows7

try downloading the latest driver
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/264?section=downloads&WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

But I now see you've got the Rumblepad 2, whereas mine is still the ol' no.1

So it's either the lack of the software or the fact that my pad is prehistoric. It IS the only game that don't recognize it, though.

I'll give it a whirl, anyway. Thanks again.

Cheers! :bottle:
  • edited April 2010
    Oh yeah it could very well be that its not RP2.... they are inexpensive.. and worth the investment... but I guess it would be smarter to spring for a xbox controller because it seems that is the way every new game is going...
  • edited April 2010
    My Logitech Dual Action gamepad works, but not "as advertised". I made an image of what the menu says things do (top) versus what it actually does (bottom). The buttons left black don't do anything at all.

You'll notice that I lose the option to make all hotspots appear (while I can cycle through them with lots of buttons).

I've switched to using the mouse but I thought you might be interested in my... er... research.

2ymj33c.png
This discussion has been closed.