My favorites are lost!

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Bluster Blaster, Bosco, Sible, Abe Lincoln, and the office
are not going to be in this season, oh NO! They were my favorites! I understand that some may come back, this is only the first episode, ect. but it isn't looking that way.
One of them has been swallowed by an interdimensional zone.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Spoiler tags work by doing (spoiler)THIS IS A SPOILER(/spoiler) except with brackets.

And I guess I could say that though I might miss them, I wanna see new stuff, otherwise we start getting into a rut. Which is what I think they realized.
  • edited April 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    And I guess I could say that though I might miss them, I wanna see new stuff, otherwise we start getting into a rut. Which is what I think they realized.

I can appreciate that, but Stinkys and Molemen are horrible candidates to keep.
  • edited April 2010
    I bet the season will offer enough new characters to have new favorites.
  • edited April 2010
    Personally, I won't start complaining unless the Soda Poppers come back. I HATED those guys.

(And Brady Culture too. And Myra, come to think of it. Really, Season 1 had an excess of horribly annoying characters.)
  • edited April 2010
    Do we know for sure that they're not going to be in future episodes ?
    I mean Bosco and Bluster Blaster are apparently
    in Vegas
    , I don't see why we would not see them at all.

I hope to see them 'cause I have to agree that Stinky and the Molemen were not exactly the most memorable characters in the past seasons.

Granpa is awesome though !
  • edited April 2010
    LeBart wrote: »
    I don't see why we would not see them at all.
    Because Bosco's voice actor wasn't booked for Season 3 ;)
  • edited April 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Personally, I won't start complaining unless the Soda Poppers come back. I HATED those guys.
    ...oh
  • edited April 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    ...oh

:p :D
  • edited April 2010
    What’s a typical day in the life of Joey Camen?

I wake up, have a nice wank, shag me wife, call me mum who’s in a mental home, walk the dog, put out the cat, eat breakfast, fall asleep, have another wank, eat lunch, sleep, wank, dinner, walk the dog, shag the wife again, sleep, wank – a real full productive day – a lovely day! And you thought us Americans don’t know how to live properly.

He's a busy man and all
  • edited April 2010
    Well, Flint Paper is in it and that's good enough for me! All we need now is Shambling Corporate Presence as recurring character and we're set.
  • edited April 2010
    ...oh

RageGuy_FFFUUUU.png
  • edited April 2010
    I noticed that Bosco's mother doesn't have much of a personality in this episode. I hope she becomes more interesting later.
  • edited April 2010
    RageGuy_FFFUUUU.png
    This.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I noticed that Bosco's mother doesn't have much of a personality in this episode. I hope she becomes more interesting later.
    She had quite a personality when she was alive. I think she just acts blah here because she's tired of being a ghost.
    She talked about building a machine to get her body back, so if she manages that this season, I'm sure she'll get back to her personable self.
  • edited April 2010
    I can understand her not being sexist anymore because that was almost 40 years ago, but I wish she'd been forceful about something.
  • edited April 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I can understand her not being sexist anymore because that was almost 40 years ago, but I wish she'd been forceful about something.

Why do we have Mama Bosco, instead of the REAL Bosco?
  • edited April 2010
    What’s a typical day in the life of Joey Camen?

I wake up, have a nice wank, shag me wife, call me mum who’s in a mental home, walk the dog, put out the cat, eat breakfast, fall asleep, have another wank, eat lunch, sleep, wank, dinner, walk the dog, shag the wife again, sleep, wank – a real full productive day – a lovely day! And you thought us Americans don’t know how to live properly.

Don't the bold bits sound a bit... British... to you? When this interview came out, I was a bit suspicious about it's authenticity from these bits.
  • edited April 2010
    It doesn't sound like particularly authentic British. I think he was just messing around because he knew the person doing the interview was British.
  • edited April 2010
    possibly... but i hope my conspiracy IS true, becuase that would mean we get Bosco later!
  • edited April 2010
    I hope Bosco comes back :(... It's just not the same without having to buy his ridiculously overpriced merchandise.
  • edited April 2010
    From what I understand, doing Bluster Blaster's voice was really hard on Jared Emerson-Johnson. I think that's why they mellowed him out at the end of season 2. The trip to Vegas seems to be an excuse to write out Bosco and Bluster Blaster since they don't have one voice actor and the other couldn't do the voice anymore. I don't think we'll be seeing either this season.

Now, I wonder, will Carol speak this season, and if so, will Jared Emerson-Johnson be doing her voice?
  • edited April 2010
    haha, id love to hear him do a woman's computer voice!
  • edited April 2010
    I'm glad they seem to be putting in a bit less characters per episode. I think it benefits the storytelling. I'm also glad not to be seeing Bosco, Sybil and Abe for a little while. They're not bad, but they were getting overused.
  • edited April 2010
    From what I understand, doing Bluster Blaster's voice was really hard on Jared Emerson-Johnson. I think that's why they mellowed him out at the end of season 2. The trip to Vegas seems to be an excuse to write out Bluster Blaster since [he can't] do the voice anymore. I don't think we'll be seeing either this season.
    Read the super top-secret Q&A with Jared ;).
  • edited April 2010

Oh, that sucks.
    They did bring back Earl Boen at the end of Tales of Monkey Island though. Never say never!
  • edited April 2010
    well I'm glad that Superball is back. Who knows? we may get another one of his song/dance routines :) The war song was epic and so unexpected.. hope we get surprised again with another.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2Gve7oh_4
  • edited April 2010
    Read the super top-secret Q&A with Jared ;).

I saw some of it, but my attention span in the pre-order forum never lasts long.
  • edited April 2010
    JaredEJ wrote: »
    As for Bluster Blaster, let's just say I don't have any opera gigs lined up, so I'm all for thrashing my voice for comedy jokes. Let's do this.
  • edited April 2010
    ...oh

Uh oh.

I thought the soda poppers were ok in small doses, but the urinating flames was a little ridiculous even by Sam and Max standards!
  • edited April 2010

Awesome!
  • edited April 2010
    It's fine for me that they put Bosco on a bus, just wish they were more sensitive about that: Las Vegas!? This man just killed his mother!
  • edited April 2010
    I don't know why the Molemen are in it. I hate them.

But I think Bluster Blaster and Bosco will show up soon, that will be nice.
  • edited April 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    I don't know why the Molemen are in it. I hate them.

But I think Bluster Blaster and Bosco will show up soon, that will be nice.

I'm really doubting that Bosco will be in it until the last episode or so, which is kinda sad, I really wanted to see how crazy he'd be now. Bluster Blaster I don't care about...do miss Sybil though, Momma Bosco isn't quite the stabilizing presence that Sybil pretended to be.
  • edited April 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    This man just killed his mother!
    But his mother ruined his entire life from the start!
    (Sure, it's his time-traveling fault, but still)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.