Great music in season 3!

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
The Sam & Max games have always had excellent music, but does anyone else think season 3 has even better music than the first two? I think so! Great job Telltale!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    It's hard to tell with only one fifth of Season 3 being out...

But I like it a lot already :)
  • edited April 2010
    S3's still young, so I still have to give the nod to season 2, but I have a lot of faith in JEJ's ability to top himself in the awesome category. Some of the remixes have been pretty nice though.
  • edited April 2010
    The music in the first episode was mind-blowingly good. Skunkape's ship music,,Woo! I loved the first 2 seasons but I think Jared has outdone himself on S3
  • edited April 2010
    I like the new street arrangement. and the music in skun-ka'pes ship
  • edited April 2010
    The main theme song is already better than the previous seasons.
  • edited April 2010
    agreed.
  • edited April 2010
    I dunno... The opening theme in season 1 was pretty damned good (mostly because it's a live version of the Hit the Road opening theme :D)
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, it's all pretty great. And I liked how a certain tune from Season Two came back as well. I guess I found the sax around Meesta Pizza a little distracting, but it was pretty great nonetheless.
  • edited April 2010
    Jared really outdone himself in S3! Especially in the new street theme and the title credits song :D \o/
  • edited April 2010
    yet another fan of the soundtrack. so many good tunes!
  • edited April 2010
    Honestly i wasn't aware of a signle awesome tune this time. The best i can remember was the remix of the underground tune which i loved in 205.
  • edited April 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Honestly i wasn't aware of a signle awesome tune this time. The best i can remember was the remix of the underground tune which i loved in 205.

Try re-playing/just listening to the tracks, then. It's very rare that tunes immediately stick in your head.
  • edited April 2010
    I wouldn't say so as at least to me there are two types of categories, those which make immediately click inside your head and those which grow on you after some time and contrary to the epsiodes before i can't remember one of the first category.
  • edited April 2010
    Music overall is so far good, but I have to say the radio tune is awesome. Made me go in to Stinky's more than I really had to.
  • edited April 2010
    I can't wait for the Telltale Music Extractor to get updated. :p
  • edited April 2010
    The Sewer music was just chill as can be, I really liked it.
  • edited April 2010
    The greatest music I heard so far was the music from the previous seasons in the jukebox.
  • edited April 2010
    Really? You're not big on the Techno Space Action Tune? You know, the one that plays during the season trailer and during dramatic scenes on Skunkape's ship?
  • edited April 2010
    The awesome main theme gets stuck in my head the most. The subway tune is good, but I liked the version in Season 2 better.
  • edited April 2010
    I thought the latin-fied street theme was a rather odd choice, but it's started to grow on me. Overall, I like the music so far.
  • edited April 2010
    Really? You're not big on the Techno Space Action Tune? You know, the one that plays during the season trailer and during dramatic scenes on Skunkape's ship?
    I even can't remember this one but i'll give the music a second try once the TTG Extractor is out. Btw. i'm not a techno fan. It's just that there were quite some episodes which had fantastic tunes like for instance the Cops in Reality V2 or the Undergound tune in 205. I wasn't noticing some music of this potential in this episode.
  • edited April 2010
    I even can't remember this one but i'll give the music a second try once the TTG Extractor is out.
    Which is right now. :)
  • edited April 2010
    Ahahhh! ;O)
  • edited April 2010
    I think Jared actually learned from his earlier works.
    The main street music from Season 1 and 2, I thought, was always a little bit distracting.
    Too much going on in the background, I couldn't really focus on the dialog that way.
    He kept the tunes much more in the background this time around without making them less "hummable", so to speak.
    So yes, he's really outdone himself this time.
    I also really love how the music changes in Max's head and how you influence it with your controls. I wonder if he thought of that himself or if the designers thought of it...
  • edited April 2010
    I really like the Requiem for the Brain: the music when you first board the spaceship and find the brain is dead.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    I really like the Requiem for the Brain: the music when you first board the spaceship and find the brain is dead.

I love that it turns synthesized when the brain wakes up.
  • edited April 2010
    What i like is how the pitch gets bended when you're rotating the psychic powers view.
  • edited April 2010
    What i like is how the pitch gets bended when you're rotating the psychic powers view.

That is cool, but when you're half asleep at night and want to play, that makes you fall out of chair and break it (or was that just me ;) )
  • edited April 2010

:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D
    Must Get Now! Someone must make fan album artwork to put on my iPod!
  • edited April 2010
    Just found something out! If you extract the soundtrack and play "streetb_sneakya" it sounds sort of like the office!
  • edited April 2010
    Okay i have some spare time today, here are those i liked the most:

stinkys_08 (Bone 102)
    trainstation (Sam&Max 205)
    boscotech_scifi_lite (sounds a bit like Tron at the beginning)
  • edited April 2010
    what about endcredits?
  • edited April 2010
    No, doesn't amaze me, technically it's all very well done but just doesn't make click inside my head. But as i said i've overseen boscotech_scifi_lite! :O)
  • edited April 2010
    no you havent. also, those lite tracks are longer than the originals. wtf?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.