Penal Zone crashes

edited April 2010 in Game Support
Hey all,

I have a few minor issues and one major can't-play-the-game issue.

Minor:
  • At times, audio is a fraction of a second ahead of the character's lipsync
  • In the opening FMV, the visuals freeze for a moment before camera angles change. This might happen later as well, but I haven't been able to progress all that much further.

MAJOR OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME!
  • The game crashes my computer when Max first receives the Rhinoplasty and the spinning coloured wheel thing comes up.
I have updated my video and sound drivers and I even opened up my computer and cleaned out all the dust (in case it was overheating). I've also tried it on lower quality settings, but it still dies. Have you got any ideas on how to fix this?

(Possibly unrelated, but the same thing happened in The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood when Esponja Grande went all shiny and sucked up all of the pox. Except that was one of the hottest days on record where I live and it worked fine after I allowed my computer to cool down a bit. This time the weather is nice and cold around here and my computer isn't that hot)

EDIT: I'm playing the PC version, bought direct from Telltale.

I'm running Windows XP SP3 on a Pentium 4 3GHz with 3GB of RAM. Graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    UPDATE: I installed the latest version of DirectX and managed to get past that point, only to have it crash again right before teleporting to Harry Moleman's phone.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Hey Thornate, have you tried updating your graphics drivers too? Also, have you tried turning down your graphics settings to see if you can make it through that point?
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, I did update my graphics drivers.

Turning down the graphics quality to 5 seems to have fixed it so far, but I haven't had the time to play all that much further.
This discussion has been closed.