Texas holdem does launch

edited July 2010 in Game Support
I have well exceeded all of the requirements, and have the latest drivers. For some reason, when I install the digital download version. It will not launch. I am running vista home premium 32 bit. Is there a patch available? Or do I need to change the install directory? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Out of curiosity, what is your current install directory, because that could cause a problem theoretically.

Other things: try turning off all other programs, update your DirectX (just in case), try disabling antivirus or firewall. And there's always the ol' redownload and reinstall. At any rate, there is probably some other program interfering with the DirectX call, causing the game to not come up.
  • edited April 2010
    I installed it in the default directory. That didn't work. I then uninstalled the game, redownloaded the game and re-installed it. The same thing happens. It says "it stopped working". I even tried changing the directory, and running the install as administrator. Nothing seems to work.
  • edited April 2010
    Jaeson wrote: »
    I installed it in the default directory. That didn't work. I then uninstalled the game, redownloaded the game and re-installed it. The same thing happens. It says "it stopped working". I even tried changing the directory, and running the install as administrator. Nothing seems to work.
    Do you have more than one screen? If yes, distable all screens except for the one you want to run the game on.

Hopefully they'll release a patch for that problem soon... :(
  • edited July 2010
    I have the same problem. Whenever I try to launch Telltale Texas Hold'em, the screen goes to a different resolution (not 1920x1200, my default), fullscreen, for about 1 second, then it crashes to the desktop in a sort of windowed mode (big black square).

http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/f34wsrfgwse4fewfa32qr32776.png
    edited July 2010
    I've attached a prefs.prop that might help you get into the game. Could you try unzipping this file to C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Telltale Texas Hold'em\GameData\ and replace the prefs.prop that already exists there.
  • edited July 2010
    Will wrote: »
    I've attached a prefs.prop that might help you get into the game. Could you try unzipping this file to C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Telltale Texas Hold'em\GameData\ and replace the prefs.prop that already exists there.

That gets it to open in a window, at least, but it's a black window that doesn't do anything. When I alt-enter, it crashes like it did when I first installed it.

PS, as of 3 July, all my telltale games are not loading up. I tried using that same prefs.prop in homestar102 and 101, but they still won't load.

Thanks, any other ideas are welcome.
    edited July 2010
    Ah, ok then something else has likely changed on your system. First, could you check to make sure your color depth is set to 32bit? After that, could you try updating your DirectX?
This discussion has been closed.