Recycle Fear

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
One unsettling thing caught my eye after I finished episode 1: Most areas I've seen in the "Epic Comedy Saga" trailer are already visited in the first episode, though the scenes shown haven't happened yet. Which made me worry that you're gonna go back to re-use old areas like the previous seasons.

So, I'm just gonna ask; will most areas in future chapters be new, or will we be visiting recycled areas every month?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    the likelyhood is that; unless you want to wait 2 months for an episode, some locations will have to be reused. but new locations will almost definately be included as well.
  • edited April 2010
    the likelyhood is that; unless you want to wait 2 months for an episode, some locations will have to be reused. but new locations will almost definately be included as well.

Well, yeah, no, that's what I meant.

I mean, I guess I can tolerate going back to Stinky's or Straight And Narrow, or BoscoTech, since it's pretty inevitable, but I want it so that each episode have more new areas than reused ones. Like in season one, there's basically only 2 new areas each episode, while the rest are reused ones.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, I was thinking about that too. It'd be nice to have a new handful of locations in the future. I'm not expecting it to be like Monkey Island, where each chapter is different from the rest (hopefully without any re-runs in future games), but it's good to keep any number of hubs to a minimum.

Still, great game.
  • edited April 2010
    They have to go to Las Vegas.... or not? :o
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe this is because the future episodes are still being made, and so the artwork and backgrounds for new locations isn't yet finished or wasn't finished at the time of the trailer?
  • edited April 2010
    That seems likely - the trailers in the SBCG4AP episodes often had the characters just standing in the field, then in the actual episode they'd be somewhere else.
  • edited April 2010
    Well, it's very likely 302 has the museum, and if the tease at the end means what I think it means, other areas which are going to be very different ;).
  • edited April 2010
    Teeth wrote: »
    That seems likely - the trailers in the SBCG4AP episodes often had the characters just standing in the field, then in the actual episode they'd be somewhere else.

Yeah, but in the end, the majority of each episodes takes place in reused areas.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I will say that episode 2 has almost no recycled environments. Relax a bit.
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    ^^ goodie!!
  • edited April 2010
    langley wrote: »

Ah, thank heavens.
  • edited April 2010
    At some point we have to go inside the toy shop surely, the item we've got that's also in the window needs to be exchanged.
  • edited April 2010
    Somehow i really doubt this, consindering Episode 301 had to many places, i mean they made atleast 2 locations which was really just there for 1 possible or such, which they should avoid.

Also from what we seen in Tales of Monkey Island, alot has changed since Sam & Max Season 1 and 2, you can tell they gotten a bit bigger and can make way more now, atleast when they arent making Sam & max, strong bad and Wallace and gromit at the same time.
  • edited April 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Somehow i really doubt this, consindering Episode 301 had to many places, i mean they made atleast 2 locations which was really just there for 1 possible or such, which they should avoid.

Also from what we seen in Tales of Monkey Island, alot has changed since Sam & Max Season 1 and 2, you can tell they gotten a bit bigger and can make way more now, atleast when they arent making Sam & max, strong bad and Wallace and gromit at the same time.

Yeah, they told us already.
    langley wrote: »

Also, I disagree with you saying that they should have less environment in the series. I mean, sure, two of the locations had little to do with the overall plot, but it also has several things we can interact with as well. And isn't that the joy of adventure games?
  • edited April 2010
    I can't actually remember, but didn't Max make a comment at one stage during the game about how all of the street corners looks strangely alike?
  • edited April 2010
    I can't actually remember, but didn't Max make a comment at one stage during the game about how all of the street corners looks strangely alike?

Shut up! They're completely different! - Sam
  • edited April 2010
    Okay, all of three seconds of the trailer is from not the Penal Zone. I checked this pretty much as soon as I beat the Penal Zone. For all you know, they are from the opening cutscene and then Sam and Max get kidnapped to Sweden for importing and exporting fake swiss cheese.
  • edited April 2010
    Okay, all of three seconds of the trailer is from not the Penal Zone. I checked this pretty much as soon as I beat the Penal Zone. For all you know, they are from the opening cutscene and then Sam and Max get kidnapped to Sweden for importing and exporting fake swiss cheese.

Wh... what?
  • edited April 2010
    The part of the trailer that isn't from the Penal Zone, and Sweden's apparent relocation to the Alps, it looks like.
  • edited April 2010
    At some point we have to go inside the toy shop surely, the item we've got that's also in the window needs to be exchanged.
    Yeah, we need the physic toy there. If you paid attention to the promo material you already know which of the animals it is.

Answer:
    The pinguin
  • edited April 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Yeah, they told us already.

Also, I disagree with you saying that they should have less environment in the series. I mean, sure, two of the locations had little to do with the overall plot, but it also has several things we can interact with as well. And isn't that the joy of adventure games?

More locations is good, but these 2 locations, first the graphics was off, was to realistic, but more importantly, i dont like going to some location where you cant even go inside, well you can, but they walk inside and come out again without us seeing anything, also why have locations with 1 puzzle or little more, it just seems to hollow. Atleast they should make proper usage of the locations having there be lots of stuff, lots of items.

Instead of magically walking into unknown place, coming out of wierd place (we didn see) with said items
  • edited April 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    More locations is good, but these 2 locations, first the graphics was off, was to realistic, but more importantly, i dont like going to some location where you cant even go inside, well you can, but they walk inside and come out again without us seeing anything, also why have locations with 1 puzzle or little more, it just seems to hollow. Atleast they should make proper usage of the locations having there be lots of stuff, lots of items.

Instead of magically walking into unknown place, coming out of wierd place (we didn see) with said items

I don't really have a problem with this. Sure, I was a little disappointed at first to find two of the three additional locations have very little gametime but if it's a choice between having them the way they are or not having them at all I know what I'd go for.

Definitely don't agree with what you're saying about the graphics. For me they got the visuals spot on.
  • edited April 2010
    I don't really have a problem with this. Sure, I was a little disappointed at first to find two of the three additional locations have very little gametime but if it's a choice between having them the way they are or not having them at all I know what I'd go for.

Definitely don't agree with what you're saying about the graphics. For me they got the visuals spot on.

Yeah, in terms of graphics, it can never be 'too realistic'. In terms of art design, it can, but with Sam and Max it's never a problem.
  • edited April 2010
    Weren't they trying to go for a "cartoon characters in a real world" look?
    If so, it makes sense for those places to look realistic.

And personally, I think it's fine...
  • edited April 2010
    I'm expecting it to be like Monkey Island, with vastly different areas each episode. I imagine the street and BoscoTech will stay, but I doubt telltale will re-use other areas again.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.