I experienced a strange bug

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Normally bugs and glitches don't really bother me too much, but this one kind of ruined a part of the game for me.

I was at the part where
Skunkape's men were guarding Momma Bosco.
I had teleported in and they threw me out and started choking Max
I teleported Max back out via Stinky's cell phone.
Suddenly, Sam was on the flag pole up above, and the ape and Max had teleported up there, the ape falling on the other ape below knocking them both out, allowing access to Momma Bosco.

Basically, the puzzle solved itself for me. After it happened, I realized that it was supposed to be a puzzle, and was quite saddened that I wasn't able to solve it properly, since it just sort of happened on its own and gave me the solution right away.

Did anyone else experience this?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Sort of. I had
    arrived by car first and already got the ring, but Sam was just standing on the street outside
    so I really didn't expect THAT to happen.
  • edited April 2010
    That seems bad. It was one of the good puzzles.
  • edited April 2010
    Nope.

Were you on the roof at all when teleporting Max out?
  • edited April 2010
    Or, did you guys ever use teleportation on the roof? Maybe it was a parametric fault of the game's algorithm.
  • edited April 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Or, did you guys ever use teleportation on the roof? Maybe it was a parametric fault of the game's algorithm.
    Actually, yes. Earlier while I was on the roof I had teleported to the cell phone just for fun. I suppose that could have to do with it.
  • edited April 2010
    That explains it. If that's the case, it needs to be fixed :/
  • edited April 2010
    I had the same issue, I teleported from the roof to bosco tech which cut to sam being out the front. Then teleported to Stinky's cell to get max back and suddenly puzzle solved :confused: This was a good puzzle but so unsatisfying to solve it like that
  • edited April 2010
    You may be on to something...
    Gotta try that my next game (I did it correctly the first time anyway).
  • edited April 2010
    I've had the puzzle malfunction the other way, where
    Sam basically teleports down from the flagpole and the ape walks up with max as though I had teleported Max to an alternate location.
  • edited April 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    I've had the puzzle malfunction the other way, where
    Sam basically teleports down from the flagpole and the ape walks up with max as though I had teleported Max to an alternate location.

I guess that is how is supposed to work, officially.
    Tried to teleport to Sam while he was in the roof?
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I guess that is how is supposed to work, officially.
    Tried to teleport to Sam while he was in the roof?

Tried to
    Sam while he was on the flagpole over the not-Jerome ape. Sam would be transported to street level and it would go through the "you teleported wrong" cutscene. Usually happened if I happened to skip grabbing the ring from the pigeon before knocking out the gorillas.
  • edited April 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Tried to
    Sam while he was on the flagpole over the not-Jerome ape. Sam would be transported to street level and it would go through the "you teleported wrong" cutscene. Usually happened if I happened to skip grabbing the ring from the pigeon before knocking out the gorillas.

Ok, then THAT a bug.
  • edited April 2010
    I did some testing with this, and this is what I deducted:
    * As has been deducted in another thread, if you teleport to Momma Bosco from the roof of Bosco's, the game threats you being there even when not for later (think the 2 gorilla's puzzle). Very evident if you click the Desoto to get Max kicked out, then switch to Max vision... you are suddenly on the roof! Also, it makes Max unselectable inside Momma Bosco's.

Avel; I suppose you don't still have a save from that and try and see where Max vision puts you when you get him kicked out the traditional way (clicking Desoto, door guard)?
  • edited April 2010
    I'd like to hear from a Telltale staff member about whether this bug and any other bugs in the episode will ever be fixed.
  • edited April 2010
    I had this happen to me too. I'm rather sore that the puzzle solved itself for me. In retrospect, it seems like a good puzzle that I would have got a sense of achievement from.
  • edited April 2010
    * As has been deducted in another thread,...

It's this thread. Because I guessed it right.

Can I be paid now?
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, this thread.

But no, you won't get paid because "ever teleported of the roof?" is different than "teleported from the roof to Bosco's, and the game still treating you as being on the roof"...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.